Help with translation and best way to copy advice (please)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
simplegifts

Help with translation and best way to copy advice (please)

Postby simplegifts » 05 Dec 2014, 00:20

I was so happy to find this record for my great-grandmother. I want to include the information in my Christmas cards….

I would like to know what the best way to capture a picture from the familysearch records. I want the best clarity possible, and thought I might be missing a “trick.” I tried downloading the JPEG, cropping, and auto-formatting via PageMaker. Using those steps I am not happy with the results, and thought there might be a better way.

I am not familiar with the information on these records, and my Italian is limited. Could someone tell me the other key information on Angela Piano (top left corner from link below)? Here is what I have:

Birthdate: April 9, 1866 (need to scroll to bottom of previous page)
Birthplace: Torremaggiore
Father: Matteo Piano, who is 40 years old
Father’s Father: Leonardo Piano
Father’s Mother: Anna Maria Borrelli

Mother: Maria Felicia Bellantuono, who is 30 years old
Mother’s Father: Felice Antonio Bellantuono
Mother’s Mother: Anna Pagliaro

I can see there are other dates and a lot of information, but it’s beyond my level of comprehension.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349014402

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help with translation and best way to copy advice (pleas

Postby Tessa78 » 05 Dec 2014, 15:06

simplegifts wrote:I am not familiar with the information on these records, and my Italian is limited. Could someone tell me the other key information on Angela Piano (top left corner from link below)? Here is what I have:

Birthdate: April 9, 1866 at 9 AM and presented the same day at 1 PM by the father at the town office.
Birthplace: Torremaggiore, at the place they inhabit at 1st lane/road to the right of Borgo Nuovo.
Child given the name ANGELA
Father: Matteo Piano, who is 40 years old, a landowner
Father’s Father: deceased Leonardo Piano
Father’s Mother: Anna Maria Borrelli

Mother: Maria Felicia Bellantuono, who is 30 years old, a housewife
Mother’s Father: deceased Felice Antonio Bellantuono
Mother’s Mother: Anna Pagliaro

I can see there are other dates and a lot of information, but it’s beyond my level of comprehension. The last paragraph includes the names of the two people who were witnesses to the recording of the birth act at the town office. Usually not related to the family.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349014402

T.

simplegifts

Re: Help with translation and best way to copy advice (pleas

Postby simplegifts » 05 Dec 2014, 15:15

Thank you so much!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”