Maria Chiara Casagrande birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
silhouettecutter

Maria Chiara Casagrande birth record

Postby silhouettecutter » 09 Jan 2015, 00:10

Would someone please translate this birth record for me?
Thanks Very Much!
Pam
Attachments
chiarabirth.jpg

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Maria Chiara Casagrande birth record

Postby liviomoreno » 09 Jan 2015, 08:09

This is a Baptism record.
Maria Chiara Casagrande was baptized in the Santa Margherita parish in Maconesi on 9 Jan 1851 at 4pm.
She was born on Jan 7 1851 at 7pm. Her father was Vincenzo Giangrande a peasant farmer living in Maconesi and her mother was Benedetta Sbarbaro daughter of Giuseppe, a spinner livingj Maconesi, married Casagrande

silhouettecutter

Postby silhouettecutter » 09 Jan 2015, 14:05

Thank you very much!! This is a birth record for Chiara CasaGrande an ancestor of a person who matched up to me me via DNA.Same name "Casagrande" Looking for the link to my Antonio Casagrande born abt 1818. Im sorry for the bad quality photo...I twill attach a better one. Is there any other information and can you tell what the writing at the bottom says?
This is a huge find for their family and I have hi hopes this could lead me to my ancestor as well! anything else you could tell us could be huge for both families!!!
Thanks very much ,
Pam
Attachments
Achiara.jpg
Better photo of doc

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 09 Jan 2015, 15:43

Godfathers were Carlo Sbarbaro, a peasant farmer and Maria Dondero, a servant, both residing in Moconesi.
The last 2 lines states that the birth information and the request for the baptism were given by the father who declared to be illiterate.

A better image is here: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... d=77137221

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”