Translation for matrimonio, pse

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
montanajj2002

Translation for matrimonio, pse

Postby montanajj2002 » 16 Jan 2015, 21:18

I am lost in this forum ! Could someone please try and translate some of this - believe Ottolino, Rubino marriage. Thank you!

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Translation for matrimonio, pse

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 16 Jan 2015, 21:38

Hi

Welcome to the forum :) Are you able to either post a link to the record you would like translated or upload the image. (Posting the link is preferable.)

Angela :)

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 17 Jan 2015, 20:03

Here we go:
Attachments
Italian,1,2nd[1].jpg
Italian,%202[1].jpg

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 17 Jan 2015, 20:08

Atti Di Matrimonio (Marriage Act) No 66?
Vincenzo Ottolino and Elena Rubino
9 September 1883 2.15 am, Triggiano
Groom: Vincenzo Ottolino, 22, contadino (peasant farmer), born and living in Triggiano, celibe (single), son of the late Vito Michele and Filomena Dastice, profession? , living in Triggiano.
Bride: Elena Rubino, 29, donna di casa (housewife), born and living in Triggiano, nubile (single woman), daughter of the late Nicola Rubino, living in same town when alive (Triggiano) and of Marianna Tatone, filatrice (seamstress), living in same town.

This is the information from the first image. The second image basically gives the witnesses. I am finding some more info so will post later as I need to go out shortly.
Angela :D

montanajj2002

Postby montanajj2002 » 18 Jan 2015, 05:49

Angela- Thank YOU so much for this translation.. Great news and VERY appreciated! Lots of info, so very welcomed. Blessings to YOU--

The Vincenzo Ottolino and Elena Rubino are the great grandparents of my girlfriend of knowing her for 50 years, and now with the info you sent, her great, great grandparents are the Vito Michele and Filomena Dastice, and Elena's parents: Nicola Rubino and wife Marianne Tatone. She is very excited, as I am also!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank YOU again so much for this wonderful help! So, I am letting you know this is read!

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 18 Jan 2015, 06:02

Fantastic! This is most heartwarming to hear. I've actually managed to find three more records which I'll post shortly here on this thread. I just need to translate them, so give me about 30 minutes.
Angela :D

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Birth Record: Vitomichele Ottolino

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 18 Jan 2015, 06:56

Birth Record No 23: Vitomichele Ottolino
Registered 5 February 1861, 4 pm, Triggiano
Father: Vitomichele Ottolino, 25 years, son of Vincenzo, contadino (peasant farmer)
Mother: Filomena Dastice, 24 years, daughter of deceased Domenico, living in Triggiano
Date of Birth 4 February 1861, 12.00
Date of Baptism 6 February 1861
Address: ? It mentions Strada (Street) delle ?

Click twice on the image to make it bigger.
Angela
Attachments
BIRTH RECORD VITOMICHELE OTTOLINO.jpg

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Birth Record: Elena Rubino

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 18 Jan 2015, 07:01

Birth Record No 46: Elena Rubino
Registered 26 March 1854, 9 pm Triggiano
Father: Nicola Rubino son of Michele, 33, colono (farmer) living in Triggiano
Mother: Marianna Tatone, daughter of Francesco, 27, living Triggiano.
Date of Birth: 26 March 1854, 10 am
Place of Birth: Strada la Piazza (not sure about this)
Date of Baptism: 26 March 1854

Click two times on the image to make it bigger.
Attachments
BIRTH RECORD ELENA.jpg

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Death Record: Vito Michele Ottolino

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 18 Jan 2015, 07:07

Death Record No 21: Vito Michele Ottolino (Father of the Groom)
Registered 3 February 1888, 8.50 am Orta Nova
Vito Michele Ottolino, 42, bracciale (farm hand/laborer), living Ortanova, born Triggiano, son of the late Francesco Ottolino and Vincenza Campobasso, husband of Filomena Dastice died today (3 February 1888) at 2.30 am at a house in ? Ferrovie No number.

This death record gives you some more names.
Attachments
Death Record Vito Michele Ottolino.jpg

montanajj2002

Postby montanajj2002 » 18 Jan 2015, 07:36

WOW Angela... This IS so exciting and so interesting! !!! YOU are amazing, and all this is just so great to have... Thank YOU so very much!!!
Is there anyway you could possibly get complete names and dates for the children of Vincenzo and Elena ( Rubino) Ottolino??????? My girlfriends grandfather was Michele Ottolino, and he came to America and died here... as did his brother, Nicola, an adopted brother ?, Anthony, possibly a brother Gust and or Constantino. Supposedly Vincenzo came over for a while, then he and Gus/Constantino went back to Italy... Elena never came to the USA.
I had also sent a request for another translation, who I believe might be Constantino... writing on the back of a picture post card.
Now, I hope this picture comes through to you... it is my girlfriends mothers (deceased) grandparents: Vincenzo and Elena Rubino Ottolino! YOU have done so well, I thought you might like to see what they looked like!
Attachments
Vincenzo, Elena Rubino Ottolino.jpg

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 18 Jan 2015, 07:47

The surname is Attolino, not Ottolino. However in the death record of Vito Michele, there is a side notation stating that the correct name is Ottolino.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Death Record: Vito Michele Ottolino

Postby liviomoreno » 18 Jan 2015, 07:50

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Death Record No 21: Vito Michele Ottolino (Father of the Groom)
Registered 3 February 1888, 8.50 am Orta Nova
Vito Michele Ottolino, 42, bracciale (farm hand/laborer), living Ortanova, born Triggiano, son of the late Francesco Ottolino and Vincenza Campobasso, husband of Filomena Dastice died today (3 February 1888) at 2.30 am at a house in ? Ferrovie No number.

This death record gives you some more names.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 18 Jan 2015, 20:07

montanajj2002 wrote:WOW Angela... This IS so exciting and so interesting! !!! YOU are amazing, and all this is just so great to have... Thank YOU so very much!!!
Is there anyway you could possibly get complete names and dates for the children of Vincenzo and Elena ( Rubino) Ottolino??????? My girlfriends grandfather was Michele Ottolino, and he came to America and died here... as did his brother, Nicola, an adopted brother ?, Anthony, possibly a brother Gust and or Constantino. Supposedly Vincenzo came over for a while, then he and Gus/Constantino went back to Italy... Elena never came to the USA.
I had also sent a request for another translation, who I believe might be Constantino... writing on the back of a picture post card.
Now, I hope this picture comes through to you... it is my girlfriends mothers (deceased) grandparents: Vincenzo and Elena Rubino Ottolino! YOU have done so well, I thought you might like to see what they looked like!

I was very happy to help with this. You are very welcome. Thank you for sharing the photo of Vincenzo and Elena. I love it. Does it have a date on the back?

Unfortunately, the site that I use for most of my research, currently has limited birth records entered for Triggiano, so I am not sure how much more I can help you with this at the minute. What you might like to do is start up a new thread for Vincenzo Attolino (also spelled Ottolino) and Elena Rubino over in the Genealogy section with some details and questions and relate the thread to this one. Someone else, with more time availability, might be able to offer you further help or have access to alternative records.

Meanwhile, I've just had a quick search on Family Search, the site that I use and have found the following marriage licence for Michele Attolino. (This would estimate his birth year at 1885 – unfortunately 1885 birth records for Triggiano are not online at the site that I use.) I'm not sure whether you have it. There are some other entries there for Michele Attolino and Michele Ottolino but I haven't quite got the time to sift through them at the minute to see if they are him or not. I'll sift through them later when I get home to see if they relate and what else might be there.

Marriage Licence/Certificate: Michele Attolino, son of Vincenzo Attolino and Lena (Elena) Rubino: Bride: Raffaela Di Lullo August 1916: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1609797

Incidently, I'm sorry I made an error in the death record. Like Livio has pointed out Vito Michele Ottolino died 1878. I should have picked up on this from the 1883 marriage record which records him as being deceased. (It is always helpful to have backup on the forum.)
Angela
Attachments
Marriage Michele Attolino.jpg

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

More Records

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 18 Jan 2015, 21:41

Actually, I have just noticed that there are more birth records, including 1885, for Triggiano, on another site that I visit, so I will have a look there later today/early tomorrow. :D
Angela

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Three Birth Records

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 19 Jan 2015, 11:04

I've located Nicola's birth record and also two children that you may not have known about. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to locate Michele's birth record. I'll have another look later. I have to stop now as I'm having issues with this site and the records aren't so clear for me to read. In the indices, the surname is definitely spelled Ottolino so I've kept with this spelling in the quick translations below. There were no Attolino's that I could see in the indices that I looked at so I'm somewhat mythed about the correct spelling. Thank you for your message, no I don't live in Triggiano.

Briefly:

Birth Record No 153: Filomena Ottolino
Father: Vincenzo Ottolino, peasant farmer
Mother: Elena Rubino, housewife, wife of Vincenzo Ottolino
Born at a place in via Ospedale, on 27 May 1886, 8.30 pm
Vincenzo was away working (in Puglia?) at the time of the birth.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html

Birth Record No 375: Marianna Ottolino
Father: Vincenzo Ottolino, peasant farmer, living in Triggiano
Mother: Elena Rubino, housewife, wife of Vincenzo Ottolino
Born at a place in via Ospedale, on 3 November 1888 at 12 am.
Vincenzo was again away working (in Puglia?) at the time of the birth.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Birth Record No 410: Nicola Ottolino
Father: Vincenzo Ottolino, son of the late Vito Michele, 33, peasant farmer, living Triggiano
Mother: Elena Rubino, daughter of the late Nicola, Vito Michele's wife, housewife
Born at a place in Via Ospedale on 22 November 1894 at 2 am
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Angela

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”