MariageRecord Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

MariageRecord Translation

Post by vspeciale66 »

Hello!

Would some one be willing to help me translate my Gr gr Grandparents marriage certificate? They are Michele Delgatto and Filomena Stellato. It starts at the bottom of the first page and continues to the next page. I have attached both pages. I can make out only small parts of it myself. But it does seem that she was a widow when she married my Gr gr Grandfather.

I thank for any and all help! I am slowly learning Italian, but I am no where near ready to translate!

Valerie Speciale
This is page one.  Starts at bottom right.  Numero Sedici
This is page one. Starts at bottom right. Numero Sedici
This is page two continuation
This is page two continuation
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Mariage License Translation

Post by erudita74 »

This is an atto di matrimonio (actual marriage record) dated Aug 13, 1869 at midnight in Calvi Risorta

The groom Michele Gatto was age 27 and a day laborer who was born and living in Zuni, a frazione or hamlet of Calvi Risorta. He was the son of Domenico (Gatto) and Maria Teresa Carusone. They were of the same occupation.

The bride, Maria Filomena Stellato, was age 33, and was born in Curti (which is also in the Province of Caserta) and she was living in the town. The daughter of deceased Antonio Stellato and Maria Michela Pennacchio . She was the widow of Pietro Cifro

The couple presented copies of the extracts of their birth acts, the death act of her last husband, and their marriage publications.

They were married in the presence of two witnesses who were living in the frazione of Petrulo. Nicola delle Fave, age 34, son of deceased Francesco delle Fave and dec Maria Giuseppa Cenami. The second witness was Salvatore Massafresca, age 23, son of Pietro Massafresca and Angela Izzo.

Erudita
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Re: MariageRecord Translation

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thank you so much!! This is amazing!

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thank you so much!! This is amazing!

erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome.
Erudita