1824 Atti di Nascita - Giovanna Ferrara

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

1824 Atti di Nascita - Giovanna Ferrara

Post by malsbury »

Iv'e attached a scan of Record No. 60 from the 1824 Villalba birth records for Giovanna Ferrara.

Any assistance with the translations of the details would be greatly appreciated.

-Thomas
Attachments
1824 Nati Record 60 - Giovanna Ferrara.pdf
(614.74 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 1824 Atti di Nascita - Giovanna Ferrara

Post by malsbury »

Correction - This record came from the 1826 Villalba Birth Records.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Giovanna Ferrara was born and baptized on June 23, 1826
Father: Calcedonio Ferrara, age 24
Mother: Rosalia Scarlata, age 20

Erudita
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Post by malsbury »

Erudita -

Thank you for your assistance once again. Two new names to add to my tree once I verify this is same Giovanna Ferrara that married Placido Mulé. There marriage record is proving difficult to track down.

-Thomas
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're welcome Thomas. Have you tried researching from the microfilms for the town which are not currently online to locate their marriage record?
Erudita
malsbury
Rookie
Rookie

Post by malsbury »

Erudita -

I've had the microfilms for the records for Villalba that are not available on-line transferred to my local FHC. I know that Giovanna Ferrara and Placido Mulé were married around 1855-1857, most likely in Villalba since they were both born there, died there, and had a family history in the town. I've reviewed all the marriage record index from 1821 through 1865 that were on the films for a list of marriages for various ancestors, and have found them all except for this couple and then for Placido Mulé's second marriage to Maria Grazia Guccione after the death of Giovanna Ferrara in 1860.

I find it odd that the two marriages out of about a dozen I looked for that I can not find both involve the same groom. I have a strong suspicion that Maria Grazia Guccione was from Alia in Palermo so I've requested the films from there to be sent to me to see if they married there, but those films are currently back ordered.

-Thomas