I finally found it!!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
silhouettecutter

I finally found it!!

Postby silhouettecutter » 03 Mar 2015, 19:59

After looking FOREVER! I have finally found my ancestors birth record in Italy!!!
It took first finding a will in Pennsylvania with a different version of his name and going back to square one looking though tons of birth records. But yeah! I finally found him!
Would someone please give me as complete a translation of his birth record as possible?
Thanks very much!
Pam
Attachments
JamesCuneobirthcert1840.jpg

arturo.c
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I finally found it!!

Postby arturo.c » 03 Mar 2015, 21:18

Record no. 19
Gerolamo Francesco

A.D. 1840, on the 15th of October, at 2pm in the Parish of San Michele di Soglio in the city of Orero, was brought in the Church a baby boy born on the 15th of October at 1pm in the District of this Parish, son of Antonio Della Casa, farm worker, resident of Soglio, and of Madalena Orata, [daughter] of Giuseppe, weaver, resident of Soglio, spouses, to whom the Baptism was administered by the undersigned Parish priest of Soglio, and were imposed the names of Gerolamo Francesco.
Godfather was Mr. Antonio Cuneo (?) [son] of Gerolamo, farm worker, resident of Soglio, and Godmother was Mrs. Bianca (?) Targa [daughter] of Giovanni Battista, housewife, resident of Soglio.
The birth announcement and request of baptism was made by Mr. Antonio Della Casa who, alleging of not being able to write, signs hereunder with a cross.

silhouettecutter

Re: I finally found it!!

Postby silhouettecutter » 04 Mar 2015, 00:05

Thank You!!!! Very very much!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”