Morti 1828 - Librizzi - Carmela Crifo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Morti 1828 - Librizzi - Carmela Crifo

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 08 Apr 2015, 22:01

I found the death record of Carmela Crifo, who is the daughter of my 5th great grandparents, Antonino Crifo and Antonia Gatani. It is through this document that I was able to find the surname of Antonia Gatani.

I could use a little assistance:
1. What is Carmela's age? 70 something?
2. Is a street address listed anywhere?
3. Does it give the relationships of the two people that reported the death?
4. Carmela is the widow of Pietro _____? can't read surname
5. Date of death: January 14, 1828?

Number 2 in the record below:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I have incorrect information or left out important information.

Sue Visaggio Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Morti 1828 - Librizzi - Carmela Crifo

Postby Tessa78 » 09 Apr 2015, 01:17

ItalianbellaSA wrote:I found the death record of Carmela Crifo, who is the daughter of my 5th great grandparents, Antonino Crifo and Antonia Gatani. It is through this document that I was able to find the surname of Antonia Gatani.

1. What is Carmela's age? 70 something? Looks like 70 with another word after... the space was supposed to be for place of birth...
2. Is a street address listed anywhere?[b] I only see quartiere S. Giananotto(sp?)[/b]
3. Does it give the relationships of the two people that reported the death? I only see Antonino Gatani Padrino?...that Antonino Gatani is her godfather???? which does not make sense as he is 56 and she is 70. Godson, perhaps?
4. Carmela is the widow of Pietro __Adamo___? can't read surname
5. Date of death: January 15, 1828? Yes - reported the same day.

Number 2 in the record below:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I have incorrect information or left out important information.

Sue Visaggio Antista

T.

Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Re: Morti 1828 - Librizzi - Carmela Crifo

Postby Marcello_DAleo » 09 Apr 2015, 13:39

ItalianbellaSA wrote:I found the death record of Carmela Crifo, who is the daughter of my 5th great grandparents, Antonino Crifo and Antonia Gatani. It is through this document that I was able to find the surname of Antonia Gatani.

1. What is Carmela's age? 70 something? the act says 70 plus another word i can't read
2. Is a street address listed anywhere? Quartiere di Giovannotto
3. Does it give the relationships of the two people that reported the death? No relationship given. The two people that reported the death were Antonino Gatani Saverino (age 56, herdsman) and Giuseppe Silvio, son of the late Ignazio (age 36, labourer)
4. Carmela is the widow of Pietro _____? can't read surname widow of Pietro Adamo
5. Date of death: January 14, 1828? January 15, 1828, h. 2 pm
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”