Help with "Consiglio di Famiglia" document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
VotM
Veteran
Veteran

Help with "Consiglio di Famiglia" document

Postby VotM » 25 Apr 2015, 11:51

I am looking for help in reading the handwriting on part of a "Consiglio di Famiglia" document. The original text is shown below.
difficult_text.jpg

Here's what I think it says (bold words show where I am uncertain or have no guess):
Autorizzare il tutore a dare il consenso alla minore per contraria matrimonio con Ricciardi Salvatore fu Salvatore

Il Consiglio di Famiglia da unanimida di voti escluso il nostro, autorizza il tutore a dare il consenso alla minore a passare il matrimonio con Ricciardi Salvatore fu Salvatore

Deletre il presenti che si sottoscrive dell'ussieisessendo i cano parenti inalfabeti

Any help in clarifying and/or correcting my reading would be appreciated. Thanks!
LDS Gioiosa Marea "road map" post at
http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/itali ... logy/33808

LDS Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea "road map" post at
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... 50#p239255

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Help with "Consiglio di Famiglia" document

Postby erudita74 » 25 Apr 2015, 15:07

VotM wrote:I am looking for help in reading the handwriting on part of a "Consiglio di Famiglia" document. The original text is shown below.
difficult_text.jpg

Here's what I think it says (bold words show where I am uncertain or have no guess):
Autorizzare il tutore a dare il consenso alla minore per contrarre matrimonio con Ricciardi Salvatore fu Salvatore

Il Consiglio di Famiglia ad unanimita di voti escluso il nostro, autorizza il tutore a voti il consenso alla minore a passare il matrimonio con Ricciardi Salvatore fu Salvatore

Del che il presenti che si sottoscrivi dall'ufficio essendo i loro parenti inalfabeti

Any help in clarifying and/or correcting my reading would be appreciated. Thanks!

In cases where an individual was a minor and of unknown parents, a guardian would appear to give consent for the minor to contract marriage. Normally a family council was comprised of the minor's father, grandfather, uncles, possibly cousins. If none of those were available, then possibly neighbors would serve on the council. In the case of a child of unknown parentage though, a guardian was assigned to that child and that individual would serve on the council.

The only thing I am not 100% positive about is the Del che I typed in the last part.

Erudita

VotM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby VotM » 25 Apr 2015, 15:39

Thanks for the clarifications and corrections on the text!
LDS Gioiosa Marea "road map" post at
http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/itali ... logy/33808

LDS Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea "road map" post at
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... 50#p239255

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 25 Apr 2015, 15:46

My 2 cents:

Autorizzare il tutore a dare il consenso alla minore per contrarre matrimonio con Ricciardi Salvatore fu Salvatore

Il Consiglio di Famiglia ad unanimità di voti escluso il nostro, autorizza il tutore a dare il consenso alla minore a passare il matrimonio con Ricciardi Salvatore fu Salvatore

Del che il presenti che si sottoscrive dall'ufficio essendo i comparenti analfabeti

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 25 Apr 2015, 16:13

You're very welcome. Also, thanks Livio for your "two cents!"

Erudita

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”