1852 Marriage Record-Brides mothers last name

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

1852 Marriage Record-Brides mothers last name

Postby Haztek » 31 May 2015, 23:17

Looking for the mother of the bride's last name. Maria looks like Menncato??
At the very end of the handwritten part.
Thanks, jerry

http://postimg.org/image/6x3zm51qf/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: 1852 Marriage Record-Brides mothers last name

Postby Tessa78 » 01 Jun 2015, 15:58

This is a tough one, jerry! :-)

In Giovinazzo you will find - Mansueta and Manente - which are possibilities?

T.

Haztek
Master
Master

Postby Haztek » 01 Jun 2015, 16:07

Yes, Tessa, this is a tough one!
I will go with Manente!

Thanks, jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 02 Jun 2015, 20:35

The mother's surname is Mennuto.

Jerry, when you first posted the record, I debated the surname Mennuto and because I couldn't see much evidence of the name in the town flagged it. It clearly started with Menn but I wasn't sure about the "u". I've just had a little look on line to see what is there and have found Maria Altieri's birth record which seems to confirm her mother's name is Maria Mennuto.

Maria Rosaria Donata Altieri Birth Record: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

It is much clearer in the index:

Maria Alieri: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html

Angela :D

Haztek
Master
Master

Postby Haztek » 02 Jun 2015, 21:11

Thank you Angela for the extra effort.
It is greatly appreciated.

All the birth records I have looked at from this time period from Giovinazzo have Donato or Donata with the name. In my notes from a while ago from a response on this Forum, I have:

Donato (male) Act no 3 of 3 Jan 1809 to act 46 2 Oct 1861
Donata (female) Act no 1 of 1 Jan 1809 to Act 49 13 Feb 1861

"The indicator of Donato/Donata between 1809 and 1861 after the childs name is simplyan indication to mean that a name X was offered."

jerry

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 02 Jun 2015, 22:12

You very welcome Jerry.

That is very interesting about the words donato/donata. I did not know this before. More info to add to my long list. I have found the following thread which Sabino has contributed to and I am guessing that this is the source of your information: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/l ... to#p193999

I have no doubt that this information is correct, I have read other threads which Sabino has contributed to and he certainly knows what he is talking about. The only question mark I have with Maria Altieri's birth record is that Donata is capitalised which indicates to me that it is a name – or not? I can't open the record that was referred to in the thread that I have posted here to see whether the word “donato” was capitalised there. Are you able to look at the record? Thank you, I'd be interested to know whether it was capitalised in that record as well and in other records you may have.

Angela :D

Haztek
Master
Master

Postby Haztek » 03 Jun 2015, 01:13

Angela, I have checked several birth records and Donato/Donata is capitalized in all of them.

jerry

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 03 Jun 2015, 02:32

Thank you Jerry. Very interesting. I wonder then, how they differentiated, when one of the given names was actuatlly Donata or Donato? (You don't have to answer, I'm just thinking and wondering about this :) )
Angela :)

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”