tardiva dichiarazione translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmt1955
Master
Master

tardiva dichiarazione translation

Postby dmt1955 » 28 Jul 2015, 14:26

http://s28.postimg.org/dsnwwes3h/1892_V ... _tardi.jpg

i think i understand this document & all the dates, however, i would appreciate a translation for verification.

thanks so much,
donna
http://www.MyItalianFamilies.com
Researching: Purcaro, Raimo, Rizzo, Scaglione, Troisi, Masucci
Locations: Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino, Volturrara Irpina, Altavilla Irpina

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: tardiva dichiarazione translation

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 29 Jul 2015, 03:26

No 28: Maria Carmela Mariano (late declaration)
Date of Entry: 14 March 1892, 8 am, Volturara Irpina
Vitale Mariano, 43, macellaio - butcher, living in Volturara Irpina, reported that on 7 December 1870 at a house in Via Campanaro, Giovanna Raimo, contadina, his wife living with him, gave birth to a female given the name Maria Carmela.

What I am understanding (but not completely sure) from the supplementary section, it is saying that the registrant exhibited copies of the decision (a judgement) made by the Chamber of the Court, Council of Avellino, giving him the authority to receive this late declaration of birth. The first document was dated 28 August 1886, entered as Index 3 Part II of the Birth Register of 1889, and the second was dated 24 February 1892, and transcribed in Part II of this register.

Angela :)

dmt1955
Master
Master

Postby dmt1955 » 29 Jul 2015, 03:45

Angela,
i was somewhat confused with the language of the supplemental section, this helps to clarify it.

for whatever reason, this family has more documents for corrections to names, births, dates, etc. it is a workout trying to keep it all straight!

many thanks,
donna
http://www.MyItalianFamilies.com
Researching: Purcaro, Raimo, Rizzo, Scaglione, Troisi, Masucci
Locations: Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino, Volturrara Irpina, Altavilla Irpina

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 29 Jul 2015, 04:02

Yes, it is tricky isn't it. The following is what I was basically reading but I may have some of the words wrong as some were new to me:

"Il dichiarante mi ha esibito copia delle sentenze della Camera di Consiglio del Tribunale di Avellino, una di data ventotto Agosto milleottocentottantasei trascritta il numero tre parte seconda del registro dei nati dell anno mille ottocentottantonove, e l'altra di datta ventiquattro Febbraio milleottocentanoventadue trascritta al numero due parte seconda del presente registro con le quali sono stato autorizzato a ricevere la presente tardiva dichiarazione di nascita. Letto il presente atto a tutti gl intervenuti si sono meco sottoscritti."

I didn't translate word for word, just read it through and then put in my own words.

It is really challenging and disappointing when you keep finding errors - I'm going through the same thing with allegati I'm currently working on. There are a lot of errors in the "extracts" Hopefully as I go back further I will locate the actual birth and death records.
Angela :)

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”