Is her last Name Marino?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 479
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 02:05

Is her last Name Marino?

Postby stokkster1 » 26 Aug 2015, 05:35

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,353367601

Okay I am a bit confused This girl Pilra Marino?? her parents are alberto Confirmed Marino on two other kids records and Wife Angela Pullaroi or Pullara

What is attached to the last name?

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Is her last Name Marino?

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 26 Aug 2015, 05:49

If we are talking about No 12, no it is not Marino, unless they have made an error. I am reading Pietra Marinotto.
Angela :)

carubia
Master
Master
Posts: 916
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 12:13
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Is her last Name Marino?

Postby carubia » 26 Aug 2015, 06:17

Groom: Emmanuele Garrasi, widower (previous wife was Domenica Chiarello), age 50, born and resident in S. Giuseppe Jato, son of Nicolo' and Donna Anna Puleio. Donna ("Lady") is a title, not a name.
Bride: Pietro Marinotta, unmarried, age 25, born and resident in S. Giuseppe Jato, daughter of deceased Alberto and deceased Angela Pullara.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Is her last Name Marino?

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 26 Aug 2015, 06:28

The prospective bride is named Pietra Marinotto. Pietro would be a man :wink:
Angela

carubia
Master
Master
Posts: 916
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 12:13
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Is her last Name Marino?

Postby carubia » 26 Aug 2015, 06:29

Sorry, yes, a typo. Of course it's Pietra.

stokkster1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 479
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 02:05

Re: Is her last Name Marino?

Postby stokkster1 » 26 Aug 2015, 08:08

carubia wrote:Groom: Emmanuele Garrasi, widower (previous wife was Domenica Chiarello), age 50, born and resident in S. Giuseppe Jato, son of Nicolo' and Donna Anna Puleio. Donna ("Lady") is a title, not a name.
Bride: Pietro Marinotta, unmarried, age 25, born and resident in S. Giuseppe Jato, daughter of deceased Alberto and deceased Angela Pullara.


Oh my he was twice her age, Wow was this common back then?

anyhow back to the Marino thing this is why I am questioning it

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,954438101

and this one

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,954438101

could her name be mispelled?

stokkster1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 479
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 02:05

Re: Is her last Name Marino?

Postby stokkster1 » 26 Aug 2015, 08:18

stokkster1 wrote:
carubia wrote:Groom: Emmanuele Garrasi, widower (previous wife was Domenica Chiarello), age 50, born and resident in S. Giuseppe Jato, son of Nicolo' and Donna Anna Puleio. Donna ("Lady") is a title, not a name.
Bride: Pietro Marinotta, unmarried, age 25, born and resident in S. Giuseppe Jato, daughter of deceased Alberto and deceased Angela Pullara.


Oh my he was twice her age, Wow was this common back then?

anyhow back to the Marino thing this is why I am questioning it

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,954438101

and this one

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,954438101

could her name be mispelled?


Here is Francesca's marriage

first part
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,954438101

Second Part

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,954438101

I dont know what all it says but I know her parents are dead alberto & angela

carubia
Master
Master
Posts: 916
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 12:13
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Is her last Name Marino?

Postby carubia » 26 Aug 2015, 09:46

I just noticed I wrote Marinotta upthread. I meant Marinotto. It looks like I reversed the o and a at the end of Pietra Marinotto's names.

It was not at all unusual for a man to be twice as old as his wife.

Yes, those 2 marriage records do say Marino, and the parents, Alberto and Angela Pullara', are the same. Names sometimes varied in spelling and people did make mistakes. You should look for Pietra's birth record. At the time of her marriage, Francesca Marino was 32, born and residing in S. Giuseppe, daughter of the deceased Alberto and deceased Angela Pullara'.

stokkster1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 479
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 02:05

Re: Is her last Name Marino?

Postby stokkster1 » 27 Aug 2015, 01:45

carubia wrote:I just noticed I wrote Marinotta upthread. I meant Marinotto. It looks like I reversed the o and a at the end of Pietra Marinotto's names.

It was not at all unusual for a man to be twice as old as his wife.

Yes, those 2 marriage records do say Marino, and the parents, Alberto and Angela Pullara', are the same. Names sometimes varied in spelling and people did make mistakes. You should look for Pietra's birth record. At the time of her marriage, Francesca Marino was 32, born and residing in S. Giuseppe, daughter of the deceased Alberto and deceased Angela Pullara'.


I Think this might be the answer to the problem, but I don't understand what it is saying can you please transcribe this for me. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,352218601

carubia
Master
Master
Posts: 916
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 12:13
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Is her last Name Marino?

Postby carubia » 27 Aug 2015, 05:23

It's a record of a court order to amend 5 birth records, changing the mother's surname from Marino to Marinotto. I can't make out the surname of the children, but their given names were Nicolo', Alberto, Angela, Antonina, and Rosalia. The year and record numbers of those births is given so you could look one up and see who the parents are. Based on the names, though, it looks like the mother might have been a daughter of Alberto Marino(tto) and Angela Pullara'.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 2560
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Is her last Name Marino?

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 27 Aug 2015, 05:49

carubia wrote:It's a record of a court order to amend 5 birth records, changing the mother's surname from Marino to Marinotto. I can't make out the surname of the children, but their given names were Nicolo', Alberto, Angela, Antonina, and Rosalia. The year and record numbers of those births is given so you could look one up and see who the parents are. Based on the names, though, it looks like the mother might have been a daughter of Alberto Marino(tto) and Angela Pullara'.


The surname is "Garrasi" which makes sense :)
Angela


Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 5 guests