Translation of email from Archivio di Stato

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Caterina05271899

Translation of email from Archivio di Stato

Postby Caterina05271899 » 07 Sep 2015, 15:34

Hi,
In July 2015 I sent a written request to the Archivio di Stato di Reggio Calabria requesting information (2 birth records, 1 death record and 1 marriage record). This was my second request for new information.

Today I received an email reply saying that my requests from July yielded the records that I requested! And as I expected there is a request for payment to cover the postage and time to research the archives.

I am confused about how many euros I owe. I think that I have a balance from an earlier request that I made in April. Do I owe 15 or 13 or 2 (15 -13 ) euros?

Can someone please translate the following Italian sentence to English?

=======================================
eseguire il versamento di euro 15,00 (in quanto euro 13,00 si trovano già in questo Ufficio come rimanenza di altre ricerche già eseguite) su bonifico bancario a favore di Banca d'Italia
=================================

The guidance that I have received from this site has been extremely helpful!
Thank you,
Nancy

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translation of email from Archivio di Stato

Postby adelfio » 07 Sep 2015, 18:20

How much did you send them already? How many records have you received?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Caterina05271899

Postby Caterina05271899 » 07 Sep 2015, 21:04

Hi Marty,
Thank you for your reply.
When I sent my request in July I did enclose a 10 euro note. I sent it via registered mail from my home in USA.

I checked my records and back in November 2014, I was asked to send 2 euros for the military record of my grandfather and it is possible that I sent a 5 euro note instead of a 2 euro coin (again via registered mail from USA).

Thus, is it possible that I have a balance of 13 euros in my account. I just didn't think that they maintained accounts.

So, it is possible that I only owe 2 euros if the cost to research my 4 records was 15 euros and I have a balance of 13 euros. Do you think that this is what the sender of the email is telling me?

Thanks again,
Nancy

Caterina05271899

Postby Caterina05271899 » 08 Sep 2015, 17:18

I replied to the person from the Archivio di Stato di Reggio Calabria to request clarification about the fee. I was informed that I owe an additional 15 euros. Hence the total fee for the research regarding my multiple records was 28 euros. This is fine with me because I did not have exact dates for any of the records and I am sure that it took extra time to discover them. Well worth every euro!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”