Dual Citizenship letters request document needed in Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Dual Citizenship letters request document needed in Italian

Postby SamW » 05 Sep 2005, 00:02

Hello,

I am putting together an application for dual citizenship and would like some help in requesting documents from Italy. I have seen a couple of form letters, which I can no longer find on the internet, so I would like to ask for your assistance in translating the letter below. I am not sure how to address the letter or to what official, I did visit the comune's website but there was no mailing address, although there was an email address. Is it appropriate to email such as request for documents, and if so how could I offer to make payment?

Thanks so much for your help.

Sam
Olympia WA

Comune di San Piero Patti
Provinica di Messina

Dear

I am applying for Italian citizenship and need your help in getting my family records.

Can you please send me the birth certificates for Salvatore Mannino, born May 15, 1877 and Maria Schepis, born September 19, 1879.

I also need a copy of their marriage certificate, but I am not sure of the date. They had a child, Sam, born January 19, 1901, this may help in finding their wedding date. I would appreciate it if you could also send his birth certificate.

I have enclosed $20 to help cover the cost of the three birth certificates, wedding certificate and postage, as suggested by the Italian Consulate.

My cousin, Mary Jeanette, has visited your town and told me of the wonderful people living there. I hope to be able to visit there soon.

Sincerely,
SamW

Re: Dual Citizenship letters request document needed in Ital

Postby suanj » 05 Sep 2005, 01:54

Spett.le Ufficio Anagrafe
Via Anza' Fiore, 1
98068 San Piero Patti (ME)
Italy

SPETT. LE UFFICIO,

mi chiamo............(your name) e sono cittadino statunitense discendente di emigrati italiani.
La presente per richiedere cortesemente i seguenti certificati a uso cittadinanza:

-Estratto atto di Nascita di Salvatore Mannino, nato il 15 maggio, 1877 a San Piero Patti
-Estratto atto di Nascita di Maria Schepis, nata il 19 settembre 1879 a San Piero Patti.

-Certificato di matrimonio dei suddetti coniugi. Io non conosco la data del matrimonio con esattezza ma posso informare che il loro primo figlio, Sam (please the first name in italian!!!!!!!!!!!!), nacque il 19 Gennaio 1901.

- Estratto atto di Nascita di Sam Mannino (please the just Sam first name in italian!!!!!!!!!!!!),nato il il 19 Gennaio 1901 a San Piero Patti.

In attesa di riscontro, allego alla presente la somma di $ 20 per spese di spedizione e costo certificati.

Sinceramente,
........................ your name
.............................your complete and exact address
............your fax and/or email
---------------------------------------------------------------

I wish say you and all people here, that I read many times, in the topic, about the money for payment.
I think that is an right thing let all know, that the US dollars, or other values, and/or the international coupon, for (!) certificate payment in Italian Office, well no useful...
All Common Office workers say me that for the money's change are many Bank's few, and also many job's time for make it, so no useful, ditto for international coupon also no helpful why the Office must send all documents by italian Post convention ...
If possible for you and for all, it is better to send the payment in euros.. just an advice... for better service... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby SamW » 05 Sep 2005, 21:56

Susanj

I am truely amazed and thankful for your help! I feel uneasy asking for free help as in this translation, not being able to give anything in return.
I can only be inspired by your actions of unselfish sharing.

Sincerely,
SamW

PS. Thanks for the advice about payment, I will send euro.
SamW

Postby suanj » 05 Sep 2005, 23:02

SamW wrote:Susanj

I am truely amazed and thankful for your help! I feel uneasy asking for free help as in this translation, not being able to give anything in return.
I can only be inspired by your actions of unselfish sharing.

Sincerely,
SamW

PS. Thanks for the advice about payment, I will send euro.

:wink: suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations