translation of marriage certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tati_508
Rookie
Rookie

translation of marriage certificate

Postby tati_508 » 24 Sep 2015, 01:33

Hi,
Just wondering if you can help me translate a marriage certificate from 1885. I really wanted to be able to read the names of family members and location of birth for both spouses. I have attached the file for you to see.

Thank you.
Attachments
File 2015-09-22, 8 50 51 PM.jpeg

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: translation of marriage certificate

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 24 Sep 2015, 06:52

Marriage Record No 58: Adamo Picchetti and Marianna Pucci
27 December 1885, 11.30 am, Calci.
Groom: Adamo Picchetti, (widower), 41, Bracciante? Labourer?, born in Campo?, residing Calci, son of the late Giuseppe who resided in Calci during his life, and son of the late Marianna Catarsi, who also resided in Calci during her life.

Bride: Marianna Pucci, nubile (unmarried), 30yo, donna da casa (housekeeper/domestic), born in ?(possibly Sassi), Mulazzana, residing in Calci, daughter of the late Ercole, residing in ? (Possibly Sassi) during his life, and daughter of Elisabetta ?, residing in Sassi.

I found this script quite tricky so I have left some questionmarks here. Hopefully someone else may be able to fill in any gaps for you and enlighten me at the same time. I guess you realise that there are some allegati online for Calci. If you haven't already done so, it would be worth going through to see if there is allegati for this marriage, from which you may be able to glean more info.

Angela :D

tati_508
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tati_508 » 24 Sep 2015, 11:37

Thank you. I appreciate it. Now I have some names. I never heard of Campo Italy. Is that in Tuscany ?

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 24 Sep 2015, 12:37

tati_508 wrote:Thank you. I appreciate it. Now I have some names. I never heard of Campo Italy. Is that in Tuscany ?

You are very welcome for the help. I'm not absolutely sure where Campo is. Maybe someone who lives in Italy can help with that as I need to go offline shortly. I'd like to know myself.
Angela :D

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 25 Sep 2015, 08:00

I believe Campo is a hamlet of San Giuliano Terme (about 8km far from Calci)

tati_508
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tati_508 » 25 Sep 2015, 11:41

Thank you !!

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 25 Sep 2015, 12:23

liviomoreno wrote:I believe Campo is a hamlet of San Giuliano Terme (about 8km far from Calci)

Thank you Livio. I suspected Campo was probably a hamlet nearby.

tati_508: I've just had another look at the record and I'm wondering whether Elisabetta's surname might be "Aloisi".

Angela :)

tati_508
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tati_508 » 25 Sep 2015, 14:46

That sounds fair. For some reason to me it looks like there is an "h" (second letter), but can't be sure _ _hrisi ?

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 25 Sep 2015, 20:16

I know what you mean. I believe it starts with an "A", however. Compare the "A" in the name Adamo which appears twice in the "body" of the record. I also initially thought the second letter was an "h" but then decided it must be an "l"? This is what I am seeing "Al.rsi". Time will tell. Where did you get this record from?
Angela

tati_508
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tati_508 » 25 Sep 2015, 20:23

From a microfiche from family search. Unfortunately the quality is not great and neither is the viewing station, but I am so thankful that they do this and the records are available. I am trying to go backwards and now need their birth records and their parents' info. But the records are not yet online so will need to order more microfiche.

Thanks again. You have done a great job! I am so appreciative.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 25 Sep 2015, 20:50

You are very welcome for the help.

Do they have an index at the end of the records? I always take a pic of the indices as well for backup. Keep checking the Antenati Website as well because they are constantly putting new records on line. I'm trying to bring up the link for you but it is not working at the moment. If you don't know the Website, let me know and I'll post a link later.

Re: the micro film reader. Some towns have Associate Libraries with upmarket readers/scanners. I'm not needing to order films anymore, because mine are all on line, but when I was getting films out, I had them sent to an Associate Library, where they had modern reader/scanners. They make such a huge difference. I've been comparing some of the images that I scanned and saved to a PDF a while back, with the ones that are now on line, and my PDF files are so much clearer, compared to the ones on line. It's just a thought if you haven't already explored other options for viewing and scanning.
Angela :)

tati_508
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tati_508 » 25 Sep 2015, 22:09

That's great information. Thank you. I did take a picture of the index but outside of it containing my great grandparents names which is exciting there was nothing else. I will keep searching.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”