Antonio Mascia Birth Act

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Biff83
Master
Master

Antonio Mascia Birth Act

Postby Biff83 » 10 Oct 2015, 21:13

I could use help with some of the details on the following.

"On the 8th of January 1843 at the 21st hour (9:00PM), before Giuseppe ?, the mayor and vital records official in the town of Colle Sannita?, district of
Campobasso, province of Molise, appeared Giovanni Mascia, a farmer, living in Colle, who presented a male child, born of Nicoletta Cocca his wife, age 30, living with him"
from this point I'm having some trouble extracting information--who is 33, what profession? (guessing this is the father Giovanni), birth took place on the 7th of January 1843 but I'm then having trouble reading the hour and place of birth. Baby given the name of Antonio.
Attachments
antonio mascia.jpg
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Antonio Mascia Birth Act

Postby Tessa78 » 11 Oct 2015, 01:24

Hi Biff! :D

Here is what I see...
On the 8th of January 1843 at the 21st hour (9:00PM), before Giuseppe de Paola?, the mayor and vital records official in the town of Colle (I believe this is Colle d'Anchise)?, district of Campobasso, province of Molise, appeared Giovanni Mascia, a farmer, living in Colle, who presented a male child, born of Nicoletta Cocca his wife, age 30, living with him" from this point I'm having some trouble extracting information-
...and [born] to the declarant , age 32, profession as above, residing as above
(guessing this is the father Giovanni), birth took place on the 7th of January 1843 but I'm then having trouble reading the hour "2 in the night" so 2 AM...and place of birth ... in the house they inhabit at Strada Tufi - it is mentioned again for the first witness..(?). Baby given the name of Antonio

T.

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Antonio Mascia Birth Act

Postby Biff83 » 11 Oct 2015, 02:12

Thanks, T. :)

Auguri,
Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”