Giovanni Riela- Death Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Giovanni Riela- Death Help

Postby stokkster1 » 30 Oct 2015, 00:31

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351752501

What does it say under name, and in the age area, did the mother die in child birth?

carubia
Master
Master

Re: Giovanni Riela- Death Help

Postby carubia » 30 Oct 2015, 03:34

He was 44 years old, so there's no way to tell from the record how his mother died or even when she died (aside from the fact that she was deceased at the time of his death).

Under his name it says, "Enfrate Cappuccino," which is also listed as his occupation. I'm guessing this is the same thing as "frate Cappuccino," which is a kind of friar (called "Capuchin friar" in English).

stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Postby stokkster1 » 30 Oct 2015, 03:47

carubia wrote:He was 44 years old, so there's no way to tell from the record how his mother died or even when she died (aside from the fact that she was deceased at the time of his death).

Under his name it says, "Enfrate Cappuccino," which is also listed as his occupation. I'm guessing this is the same thing as "frate Cappuccino," which is a kind of friar (called "Capuchin friar" in English).

Thank you, I thought he was 4 days old OPPS :oops: now it makes sense.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 30 Oct 2015, 08:10

Under his name is written Exfrate Cappuccino. meaning that before his death he was a frate cappuccino

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”