Calogero Maniscalco Help with this doc

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 479
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 02:05

Calogero Maniscalco Help with this doc

Postby stokkster1 » 01 Nov 2015, 05:27

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,353357801

Looks like his father was dead, but what is the Name Puleio have to do with all this, Who's death record

stokkster1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 479
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 02:05

Re: Calogero Maniscalco Help with this doc

Postby stokkster1 » 01 Nov 2015, 05:34

stokkster1 wrote:https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-32368-16967-38?cc=2051639&wc=MCTM-PPX:351055601,353331101,353357801

Looks like his father was dead, but what is the Name Puleio have to do with all this, Who's death record


I think thier might be a will attached to these records they start on page 77 of 994

I also need help with this document
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,353357801

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5421
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Calogero Maniscalco Help with this doc

Postby liviomoreno » 01 Nov 2015, 08:23

On Feb 3 1867 Calogero Maniscalco, aged 45, son of late Francesco, went to the Court to declare that his wife Provvidenza Pulejo, daughter of late Emmanuele died on July 2 1866, aged 42, and that he was so desperate that he forgot to register the death...

The document is 4 pages long because it includes the witness of 4 people. Images 81 to 85. Images 81 and 82 are duplicates.

stokkster1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 479
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 02:05

Re: Calogero Maniscalco Help with this doc

Postby stokkster1 » 01 Nov 2015, 09:25

liviomoreno wrote:On Feb 3 1867 Calogero Maniscalco, aged 45, son of late Francesco, went to the Court to declare that his wife Provvidenza Pulejo, daughter of late Emmanuele died on July 2 1866, aged 42, and that he was so desperate that he forgot to register the death...

The document is 4 pages long because it includes the witness of 4 people. Images 81 to 85. Images 81 and 82 are duplicates.



You are amazing, I wish I was that good at reading Italian , I am getting better at this but have a long way to go. My grandpa never taught my dad or us, accepted the word wash your dirty face "lavare la faccia sporca" that's about all I remember him always saying, He was the President of the Sons of Italy In Santa Clara and I use to get dragged to all the meetings, I meet a lot of famous Italians but never paid a lot of attention I was a teenager. I do have pictures with Robert and Alan Alda, Annette funicello and Vic Tayback

stokkster1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 479
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 02:05

Re: Calogero Maniscalco Help with this doc

Postby stokkster1 » 01 Nov 2015, 09:32

stokkster1 wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:On Feb 3 1867 Calogero Maniscalco, aged 45, son of late Francesco, went to the Court to declare that his wife Provvidenza Pulejo, daughter of late Emmanuele died on July 2 1866, aged 42, and that he was so desperate that he forgot to register the death...

The document is 4 pages long because it includes the witness of 4 people. Images 81 to 85. Images 81 and 82 are duplicates.



You are amazing, I wish I was that good at reading Italian , I am getting better at this but have a long way to go. My grandpa never taught my dad or us, accepted the word wash your dirty face "lavare la faccia sporca" that's about all I remember him always saying, He was the President of the Sons of Italy In Santa Clara and I use to get dragged to all the meetings, I meet a lot of famous Italians but never paid a lot of attention I was a teenager. I do have pictures with Robert and Alan Alda, Annette funicello and Vic Tayback



What is his mothers Name? I think its Giovanna Sclagar?a

stokkster1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 479
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 02:05

Re: Calogero Maniscalco Help with this doc

Postby stokkster1 » 01 Nov 2015, 09:44

stokkster1 wrote:
stokkster1 wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:On Feb 3 1867 Calogero Maniscalco, aged 45, son of late Francesco, went to the Court to declare that his wife Provvidenza Pulejo, daughter of late Emmanuele died on July 2 1866, aged 42, and that he was so desperate that he forgot to register the death...

The document is 4 pages long because it includes the witness of 4 people. Images 81 to 85. Images 81 and 82 are duplicates.



You are amazing, I wish I was that good at reading Italian , I am getting better at this but have a long way to go. My grandpa never taught my dad or us, accepted the word wash your dirty face "lavare la faccia sporca" that's about all I remember him always saying, He was the President of the Sons of Italy In Santa Clara and I use to get dragged to all the meetings, I meet a lot of famous Italians but never paid a lot of attention I was a teenager. I do have pictures with Robert and Alan Alda, Annette funicello and Vic Tayback



What is his mothers Name? I think its Giovanna Sclagar?a


Opps sorry forgot the page

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,353357801

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5421
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Calogero Maniscalco Help with this doc

Postby liviomoreno » 01 Nov 2015, 09:49

Calogero's mother is Giacoma Sclafani

The document on image 86 is a certification that banns were posted

stokkster1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 479
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 02:05

Re: Calogero Maniscalco Help with this doc

Postby stokkster1 » 01 Nov 2015, 10:04

liviomoreno wrote:Calogero's mother is Giacoma Sclafani

The document on image 86 is a certification that banns were posted


Great thank you.


Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests