amattia Garrasi ???

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

amattia Garrasi ???

Postby stokkster1 » 24 Dec 2015, 03:02

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639

I really some opinions on this one, am I even reading his name right Amattia Garrasi and is Guarrsi or variations all the same name? I am having trouble figuring out when who his parents are I have him dying Feb 5 1870 how old was he, father maybe Michelangelo age 36 mother giacoma Baladmenti?

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: amattia Garrasi ???

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 24 Dec 2015, 05:39

I'm reading Amattia Guaresi in both the index and the body of the record.
Yes, he died 5 February 1870, at 4 pm. He died in his parents home and was aged one year. He was born in this town and yes he was the son of Michelangelo Guaresi, 36 yo. His mother was Giacoma Badalamenti.

I'm sorry, I can't comment on the variations of the spelling, but I am sure someone else, who is more familiar with the Sicilian names and records, may be able to help you in that regard. Have a lovely Christmas.
Angela :D

carubia
Master
Master

Re: amattia Garrasi ???

Postby carubia » 25 Dec 2015, 03:43

This looks like Guaresi to me too. Guaresi, Garrasi, Guarrasi, and Guarraci are all found in Sicily, clustered in different areas (Palermo, Siracusa, Trapani, and Agrigento, respectively). I have seen them interchanged in some 18th and early 19th c. records and suspect that they are all variants of the same name.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”