Help with Antonio Ferdinando Branca & Maria Rogato Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie

Help with Antonio Ferdinando Branca & Maria Rogato Marriage Record

Postby dizabrat » 19 Jan 2016, 23:46

I found someone who was able to read very little of the document... This is what she was able to make out.

Number in order of marriage, Antonio Ferdinando Branco and Maria Rogato.

On 29 Oct. 1877, countryman Antonio Fredinando Branco, aged 20 , worker ( bracciale), of this commune, son of Raffaele Branca (o) and Maddelena Campana, And, Maria Rogata, aged 19, living in this commune, daughter, single, of Gaetano Rogato and Serafina C??liglione, countrywoman, living with her son, ------------

I MUST LOOK AT THIS MORE CAREFULLY. THERE ARE OTHER NAMES WRITTEN AND I AM NOT SURE HOW THEY FIT INTO THIS MARRIAGE RECORD. The NAMES are GIUSEPPE RALTO (E) , son of deceased PASQUALE, OF THE AGE 49, laborer, and of Salvatore BALDINO or BALIERE? son of deceased Fortunato, of the age 33, both workers and both living in this commune.

Can anyone help?

Thank you, Diane Presta McCool
Attachments
Antonio (Ferdinando) Branca and Maria Rogato 1870.pdf
(244.91 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Help with Antonio Ferdinando Branca & Maria Rogato Marriage Record

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 22 Jan 2016, 21:28

Hi

Welcome to the forum. I've made a few alterations and additions for you. Your friend has done a great job.

On 29 Oct. 1870,

(Groom): Antonio Ferdinando Branco, aged 20 , worker ( bracciale – farm hand/laborer), of this comune, single, son of deceased Raffaele Branca (o) and deceased Maddelena Campana, And,

(Bride): Maria Rogata, aged 19, filatrice – (seamstress/cotton spinner/worker) living in this comune, daughter, single, of Gaetano Rogato and Serafina Castiglione?, contadina (peasant farmer)/ countrywoman, living with their son (loro figlio), ------------

I MUST LOOK AT THIS MORE CAREFULLY. THERE ARE OTHER NAMES WRITTEN AND I AM NOT SURE HOW THEY FIT INTO THIS MARRIAGE RECORD. The NAMES are GIUSEPPE RALTO (E) , son of deceased PASQUALE, OF THE AGE 49, laborer, and of Salvatore BALDINO or BALIERE? (looks like Baldino) son of deceased Fortunato, of the age 33, both workers and both living in this comune.

Giuseppe Ralto and Salvatore ? are the witnesses.

The document then goes on to list the allegati (supporting documents required in order for the marriage to proceed) which “basically” were:

1. Birth extract of Groom.
2. Birth extract of Bride
3. Death extract of the father of the groom
4. Death extract of the mother of the groom

Comune (town) has one “m”.

The word “furono” appears before Raffaele Branco's name indicating that both parents have died.
(furono ie “they were” (plural) so deceased)

The writing is not so easy to decipher so the best I can do at the moment. :)

Angela

dizabrat
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dizabrat » 23 Jan 2016, 20:37

Thank you so much,very much appreciated!!!

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 23 Jan 2016, 20:42

You are very welcome, glad I could help.
Angela :D

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”