Please help to translate this

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
cj457pm

Please help to translate this

Postby cj457pm » 03 Feb 2016, 20:12

I recently received a response from a parish in San Bartolomeo in Galdo to a request for information from two marriage certificates for my great-great grandparents. Below is the text. Will you please help me to understand what he is saying? Thank you very much!!

buonasera,
come da lei richiesto abbiamo provveduto ad effettuare la ricerca nei nostri archivi parrocchiali:

1) registro dei matrimoni VOL 22 PAG 183 N°58
risulta che ANTONIO MARIA CATULLO figlio di MATTEO e fu MARIA PETTA
e MARIA MICHELA SATURNINO figlia di fu PASQUALE e fu MARIA DONATA CERRO hanno contratto il matrimonio in data 23 AGOSTO 1888.

2) registro dei matrimoni VOL 23 PAG 7 N°3
risulta che PASQUALE IANNELLI figlio di DONATO e EMANUELA PERNA
e MARIA ASSUNTA PACIFICO figlia di ANTONIO e MARIA SANTAGATA hanno contratto il matrimonio in data 18 GENNAIO 1891.

Per quanto riguarda la loro età avremo bisogno delle rispettive date di nascita.
Distinti saluti
il parroco
Mons. Francesco Iampietro

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Please help to translate this

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 03 Feb 2016, 21:03

This is basically, what I understand:

“Good evening

As you requested we have carried out the research in our parish archives:

1. Register of Marriages Vol 22 Page183 No 58
This shows that Antonio Maria Catullo, son of Matteo and the late Maria Petta, and
Maria Michela Saturnino, daughter of the late Pasquale and the late Maria Donata Cerro, were married on 23 August, 1888.

2. Register of Marriages Vol 23 Page 7 No 3
This shows that Pasquale Iannelli, son of Donato and Emanuela Perna, and
Maria Assunta Pacifico, daughter of Antonio and Maria Santagata, were married on 18 January 1891.

Then it says: As regards their age, we will need their respective dates of birth. (This is a little perplexing? Their respective ages should be on the marriage records? May be not. :? )

Signed: The Priest
Mons. Francesco Iampietro

Angela :)

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 04 Feb 2016, 08:35

Church marriage records usually do not identify the ages of the spouses. You would find that in civil registrations of Marriage. :-)

T.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 06 Feb 2016, 09:59

Yes, of course. Thank you Tessa.
Angela :)

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”