Michelangelo Cocco marriage certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Michelangelo Cocco marriage certificate

Postby pm16 » 06 Feb 2016, 01:38

Hello..can someone please help with this translation. The marriage of Michelangelo Cocco and Angiola Maria Colasurdo. I see a lot of dates in here and it looks like it has some good info but I can't read all of it. Thank you!
http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... ewsIndex=0

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Michelangelo Cocco marriage certificate

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 06 Feb 2016, 20:16

Hi there

This was quite some read. (I always enjoy a challenge!) Some of the words I couldn't quite decipher, probably because I haven't seen them before, they maybe dialect words?, but here are all the important details for you.

31 December 1813, 4 pm, Morrone, Molise
Groom: Michelangelo Cocco, 47 yo, countryman, living Morrone, widower of the late Giuseppina Romano and son of the late Francesco who died in this town 28 May 1779, and son of the late Domenica Mostillo, who also died (in this town) on 5 February, 1771....

Bride: Angiola Maria Colasurdo, peasant farmer, 51yo, living in Morrone, widow of the late Salvadore Lanni and daughter of the late Pasquale who died in this town on 2 January 1805, and daughter of the late Grazia Colacazzo, who also died in this town ….

Marriage Banns were posted, the first on 15 November, the day Sunday, current year, the hour 8 pm, and the second on 22 same month (November) , the day Sunday, same hour and year.

There were no oppositions to the marriage.

Witnesses: Domenicangelo Antonelli, 44, Barbiere (barber), living Morrone,
Nicolantonio Antonelli, 51, Chirurzo?, living Morrone
Luigi Fantetti, 34, proprietario (landowner),
Luigi Mastandrea, 47, Sacerdote (Priest),
All living in Morrone.

Angela :)

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 06 Feb 2016, 21:33

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Hi there

This was quite some read. (I always enjoy a challenge!) Some of the words I couldn't quite decipher, probably because I haven't seen them before, they maybe dialect words?, but here are all the important details for you.

Groom: Michelangelo Cocco, 47 yo, countryman, living Morrone, widower of the late Giuseppina Romano and son of the late Francesco who died in this town 28 May 1779, and son of the late Domenica Mostillo, who also died (in this town) on 5 February, 1771....

Bride: Angiola Maria Colasurdo, peasant farmer, 51yo, living in Morrone, widow of the late Salvadore Lanni and daughter of the late Pasquale who died in this town on 2 January 1805, and daughter of the late Grazia Colacazzo, who also died in this town ….

Marriage Banns were posted, the first on 15 November, the day Sunday, current year, the hour 8 pm, and the second on 22 same month (November) , the day Sunday, same hour and year.

Nicolantonio Antonelli, 51, Chirurgo (Surgeon), living Morrone
All living in Morrone.

pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Postby pm16 » 06 Feb 2016, 21:37

Awesome! Thank you! Apparently, it was a double wedding. Michelangelo's son and Angiola's daughter were also married to each other on the same day. Their marriage record is the next one :) Now if only I could get my hands on some 1700's documents :)

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 06 Feb 2016, 22:19

pm16 wrote:Awesome! Thank you! Apparently, it was a double wedding. Michelangelo's son and Angiola's daughter were also married to each other on the same day. Their marriage record is the next one :) Now if only I could get my hands on some 1700's documents :)

You are very welcome. Good luck with finding some 1700's documents. I had a look for relating Allegati for this marriage but they don't seem to be on line. Having said that though, the information gleaned from the allegati was obviously included in this marriage record so that it wonderful. :D

Angela :D

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 07 Feb 2016, 08:25

Bride: Angiola Maria Colasurdo, peasant farmer, 51yo, living in Morrone, widow of the late Salvadore Lanni and daughter of the late Pasquale who died in this town on 2 January 1805, and daughter of the late Grazia Colacarro, who also died in this town ….

Nicolantonio Antonelli, 51, Chirurzo?, living Morrone
All living in Morrone.

:)

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 07 Feb 2016, 21:04

liviomoreno wrote:

Bride: Angiola Maria Colasurdo, peasant farmer, 51yo, living in Morrone, widow of the late Salvadore Lanni and daughter of the late Pasquale who died in this town on 2 January 1805, and daughter of the late Grazia Colacarro, who also died in this town ….

Nicolantonio Antonelli, 51, Chirurgo (Surgeon), living Morrone
All living in Morrone.

:)

Oh, si! Grazie Livio.

Angela :D

pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Postby pm16 » 07 Feb 2016, 23:11

Thank you for the corrections :) Do you know if it is possible to write for the death certificates of Francesco Cocco and Domenica Mostillo since I have the dates of there deaths from the 1700's?

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”