1681 Altofonte marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
cj11788
Rookie
Rookie

1681 Altofonte marriage

Postby cj11788 » 15 Feb 2016, 16:26

Hello,

The below marriage for Nicolo DiMatteo and Pasqua Bruno is from 1681. It looks like his fathers name is Antonio but I can't read his mothers name.

For Pasqua The father also looks like Antonio and the mother Francesca but it looks likes that Antonio's last name of Bruno is after his name followed by his wife's name Francesca. Is that correct? I ask this because I have never seen that before and it wasn't done for Nicolo's father or am I just not reading the record correctly.

Does it mention that they are both from Altofonte?

Thanks

Chris
Attachments
Nicolo DiMatteo.jpg

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: 1681 Altofonte marriage

Postby erudita74 » 15 Feb 2016, 22:33

Hi Chris
Both parents of the groom were deceased. The bride's father was deceased but her mother was still alive. It's easier to tell this in the record above the one you marked in red, which is for the same couple. In that record you will see delli qd. before Antonio and his wife's names. The delli is plural so that the abbreviation qd. for quondam (meaning formerly or when they were alive) is then plural as well. So both are deceased. I'm not really sure of his mother's first name. Looks like Laurinia, but I can't find that as a first name. Also in the record which you marked with the red line, there is the word olim after the two names, so that means that they were spouses, or a married couple, at one time or when they were alive. It is clear in the first record that the bride's father is deceased but that the mother Francesca is alive. You can clearly see del qd. in that record before his name and the word for living after hers (viventis). The bride's parents were from this town.

Hope this helps.
Erudita

Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Postby Marcello_DAleo » 17 Feb 2016, 18:25

Parco (Altofonte), 22 Jun 1681
Marriage record of:
Groom: Nicolò Di Matteo, unmarried, born in Parco, son of Antonio and Lavinia (both deceased)
Bride: Pasqua Bruno, unmarried, born in Parco, daughter of the late Antonio and living Francesca.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/

cj11788
Rookie
Rookie

Postby cj11788 » 20 Feb 2016, 22:16

Thank you Erudita and Marcello for your help.

Chris

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 20 Feb 2016, 23:33

You're very welcome, Chris.
Erudita

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”