Domenico Giuliano record translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Domenico Giuliano record translation

Postby pm16 » 03 Mar 2016, 02:07

Hello..I was wondering if someone can translate this for me. I think its a record of death for Domenico Giuliano but I'm a little confused as to why it is in the matrimoni processetti record for Domenico Giuliano and Giuseppa Francesco. I know that they do include records of death for the parents but in this case the father is Isidoro. I'm thinking that Domenico was Domenico's grandfather but I don't know why it would be included here.

http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... ewsIndex=0

Thank you! :)

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Domenico Giuliano record translation

Postby liviomoreno » 03 Mar 2016, 07:48

Certificate issued by the Parish Church in Campolieto on Dec 5 1829
Domenico Giuliano son of Filippo and Elisabetta Di Tommaso, died on Jan 27 1794.

The father of the spouse was supposed to give his consent to the marriage in case the father was dead, the grandfather had to give his consent.

pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Postby pm16 » 04 Mar 2016, 00:31

But the grandfather was deceased as well if he died in 1794 and the marriage was in 1829. This is the second one I have found like this..was it standard practice to include death records for grandfather's? It certainly would help if they did :)
Do you by any chance know what the churches in Campolieto and Morrone del Sannio are that would have these records? I think that I have to look at those records for anything before 1809 but I can't figure out which churches they would be. The family search site has some, but I don't know if they have the ones I need.
Thank you for your help!

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 04 Mar 2016, 08:12

Death record of grandfather was needed if the father was dead

pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Postby pm16 » 05 Mar 2016, 04:28

Ok..I understand now. Thank you so much!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”