Help translatiing

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!

Help translatiing

Postby wisemonkey » 07 Mar 2016, 14:50

Can someone please translate the following sentence for me? It is the response I received from the Diocese of Rossano today via email.

Gent. Sig. non posso aiutarla perché nell\'archivio storico della diocesi i documenti delle parrocchie non ci sono. mi dispiace.

I believe it says, to parapharse: cannot help because the parish records are not at the diocese.

Here's my problem, I have contacted the Scala Coeli parish priest to obtain a record from 1795 and sent a donation.The response was that the parish not have the records and to contact the Archivio di Stato di Consenza. The Archivio di Stato di Consenza response was to contact the parish. I then contacted the diocese of Rossano thinking that the records may be at the diocese instead and received the above response.

Am I asking in the wrong way or do I just need to give up? I've been searching for records beyond my 4th great grandfather for so many years and and am devastated that the paper trail has ended.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Help translatiing

Postby liviomoreno » 07 Mar 2016, 16:28

Unfortunately your translation is correct.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”