name of town

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
pangeli
Rookie
Rookie

name of town

Post by pangeli »

Can anyone decipher the name of the town which is located in the tuscany area? Thanks

girty
Veteran
Veteran

Re: name of town

Post by girty »

can you put the next line in there? maybe we can get a little more info, province or region.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

............could be Foiano (Foiano della Chiana /Arezzo province)??
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pangeli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pangeli »

Thank you for this info. I have contacted the town you mentioned for birth certificates but they had no birth records with the names I was looking for. You are very kind to take the time to help others. Patricia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Patricia, for better help you can show all document? thanks, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pangeli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pangeli »

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6206 ... 0527qd.jpg

This is the marriage certificate which states the birth was in that town I cannot decipher. One of the bride's sibs was married a few years later and the same town is indicated for the bride. thanks patricia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi the town is sure Foiano della Chiana currently in Arezzo province and in the past was in Siena province .. in marriage act are that the spouses have supplied the documents helpful for marriage, so sure also the birthacts... as is possible that Foiano reply you that no found the birthact of AGNOLONI Augusta born in Foiano in 1868, daughter of Bartolomeo and COLLERICIO Alessandra....? You can write again and send also the image of marriage act for prof.. regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pangeli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pangeli »

Thank you for this info. I did not know that one had to produce a birth certificate when applying for a marriage certificate, and therefore, there would be no mistake where the birth place was recorded. I will re-submit my request for the birth records based on two marriage certificates designating this town as the birth place.

I have one more messy looking certificate which I believe is a death certificate. I cannot tell the age of the deceased. I have submitted so many requests in a short time would it be best to wait a few weeks before I submitted this certificate? patricia Are you Italian?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

pangeli wrote:Thank you for this info. I did not know that one had to produce a birth certificate when applying for a marriage certificate, and therefore, there would be no mistake where the birth place was recorded. I will re-submit my request for the birth records based on two marriage certificates designating this town as the birth place.

I have one more messy looking certificate which I believe is a death certificate. I cannot tell the age of the deceased. I have submitted so many requests in a short time would it be best to wait a few weeks before I submitted this certificate? patricia Are you Italian?
Hi Patricia,
-yes I'm italian
-all italian records are very precise, and for marriage is and was necessary many documents, also birthacts of spouses obviously..
-for Municipality replies are necessary almost 30 days in Italy, for foreign Countries almost 45 days
-if you have death certificate of Agnoloni you can posted here? I want see it...
-really from marriage act seems FOIANO as birthplace
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH