Help reading shortform of City

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Help reading shortform of City

Postby Anizio » 26 Mar 2016, 04:31

I just realized I may have been misreading a family record, and now I need help.

This is a document referring to the birth of my ancestor, Serafino Gaetano Maccarelli. His mother is listed as Camilla Landi, daughter of Paolo.

I have always thought Paolo was Roman, but I just realized he is not! You can see it says in latin "Phillipi Rom." which means Filippo was from Rome. But when it says "Paolo _____" That word after Paolo is not Rome, it seems to start with R but the line above the rest of the word means letters are missing (ie. Instead of Domenico you could see "Domco" with a line over it meaning letters were removed). so this looks (to me) like Rnau....but what that is a short form for I have no idea :s

So my question is....what city is that?
gasp emoticon

Thanks for any help!
Attachments
Genealogy Text Question.png
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help reading shortform of City

Postby liviomoreno » 27 Mar 2016, 12:02

It is better to post the full document

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Help reading shortform of City

Postby Anizio » 28 Mar 2016, 02:56

Okay, here it is. not sure if it will help

TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”