1848 Death, Gambatesa

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Master
Master

1848 Death, Gambatesa

Post by JOHN08 »

On the 30th of August 1848, in Gambatesa, District of Campobasso, Province of Molise, appeared Antonio Leonardi, nephew of the deceased, 43, property owner, living in Gambatesa and Nicola ?, 31, peasant farmer, living in Gambatesa.

They declared that on the 30th of August 1848, at 10:00 p.m., the death of Consalvo Capone, 61, born in San Marco la Catola [Livio, if you are reading this, It proves that you were 100 percent right about the location of San Marco la Catola in the 1840 Marriage, Gambatesa, posting---grazie], property owner, lived in Gambatesa, son of deceased Nicolangelo Capone, property owner, lived in San Marco and son of deceased ???, lived in Gambatesa . Consalvo Capone was married to Giacinta Carano, lived in Gambatesa.

Appreciate corrections/additions

John
Numero 62
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: 1848 Death, Gambatesa

Post by liviomoreno »

On the 30th of August 1848, in Gambatesa, District of Campobasso, Province of Molise, appeared Antonio Leonardi, nephew of the deceased, 43, property owner, living in Gambatesa and Nicola Iadarola, 31, peasant farmer, living in Gambatesa.

They declared that on the 30th of August 1848, at 10:00 p.m., the death of Consalvo Capone, 61, born in San Marco la Catola [Livio, if you are reading this, It proves that you were 100 percent right about the location of San Marco la Catola in the 1840 Marriage, Gambatesa, posting---grazie :) :) :) ], property owner, lived in Gambatesa, son of deceased Nicolangelo Capone, property owner, lived in San Marco and son of deceased ??? Ferrara, lived in Sammarco . Consalvo Capone was married to Giacinta Carano, lived in Gambatesa.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

??? Ferrara,

Ferrara's first name is Teodosia-easier to read in the index
Erudita

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Erudita,

When I was having a problem reading the name, I should have gone to the index---that was my mistake. I was so involved in trying to read the name and looking at my list of given names that I did not stop and THINK about going to the index. The name in the index is so much clearer. Thanks!

John
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Hi John
I was totally stumped by the initial letter until I saw the name in the index. I appreciate you thanking me but Livio did most of the work on this one and really deserves your thanks.
Erudita
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Livio,

I was so involved in the translation of this death record, which has the names of my relative's 4th great-grandparents that I forgot to send my thanks. Grazie molto!! With this information, I can now research the names of the 5th great-grandparents. I did not think that I was going to go back this far in my research.

John
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Happy to have helped your research!
miacapone

Post by miacapone »

Hi, I realize this thread is old but I figured I would write in it. I was just searching my grandfather's name, Antonio Capone, along with his birthplace and where my father was also born, Gambatesa. My last name is Capone and I am wondering if these Capones from Gambatesa might be my family members since it is such a small place. Would be interesting to know!