Morto 1854 Agata de Pinto - Assistance needed!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Morto 1854 Agata de Pinto - Assistance needed!

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 17 Jun 2016, 01:17

Hi Everyone!
It is countdown time to our trip to Sicily and Italy! My husband and I leave for Palermo, Sicily on June 26th! We are touring Sicily and then taking the ferry to Calbria. Then travel to Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii and then off to Rome for a few days. The tour will end, however, we will take the train to Milan on our own. My cousins will pick us up in Milan and we will be spending July 7 - 10 in Vigevano. I will get to meet my all the cousins I have worked so hard to find!

On a different note, I found the death record of my direct ancestor (5 generations), named Agata de Pinto. I translated most of the record, but I am not sure of her mother's name. I believe it is Marianna Soriano.

So far I have translated the following:
Date of Death: July 8, 1954 (reported on July 9th by her son, Giuseppe Sciancalepore, age 28, Farmer
Name of Deceased: Agata de Pinto, Age 70, Spinner
Father: Giovannangelo de Pinto (deceased)
Mother: Marianna Soriano (?) (deceased)
Widow of Corrado Sciancalepore
Address: Strada Trescine (?)

Not sure of the surname of her mother and the correct spelling of the street. I didn't see a number for the house.

Here is the link:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Please let me know if I made any errors. Thank you in advance for your help.
Sue Antista
:)
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Morto 1854 Agata de Pinto - Assistance needed!

Postby Tessa78 » 17 Jun 2016, 02:41

Looks great! (except the date is 1854, not 1954 - but I will bet you knew that!) :-)

T.

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Re: Morto 1854 Agata de Pinto - Assistance needed!

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 17 Jun 2016, 14:33

Tessa - Thanks so much! (I did know - but hit the submit button too quickly!)
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”