Part 2 Death Record Translation Filomena Celli

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tikibar22
Veteran
Veteran

Part 2 Death Record Translation Filomena Celli

Postby tikibar22 » 22 Jun 2016, 14:20

Would someone translate the following Part2 Death Record for Filomena Celli its record #3 (bottom right and onton next page)
what i know-
Filomena Celli dies on Aug 6 1877 and she was 50
Thanks! :mrgreen:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G97V-TNT9?i=1492&cat=409607
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Part 2 Death Record Translation Filomena Celli

Postby erudita74 » 22 Jun 2016, 15:10

Filomena died on Aug 5, 1877 at 10:15 P.M. in the house at #20 Strada Santangelo in Sant'Agata di Puglia, but she had been born in Bagnoli (Irpino). She was age 27 and a resident in Sant'Agata. She was a peasant. Her father was Giuseppe (Celli), a peasant living in Bagnoli. Her mother was deceased Lucia (not sure about her surname). I'm wondering if it was Caputo. Filomena was single. Had never before been married.

Erudita

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 22 Jun 2016, 15:31

I am seeing the surname of the mother as Caprio.

T.

kencwalker
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kencwalker » 23 Jun 2016, 04:32

A Part 2 death record tickles my curiosity. The more I learn, the more I find I still need to learn.
I am familiar with Part 2 birth entries to record babies born elsewhere.

Is that the same purpose for Part 2 death records?
If so, is it common for someone born in one commune to have a Part 2 death record if they die in a different commune? If not, how was this decided?

Thanks,
-Ken
Researching surnames Pedroncelli and Pilatti in Sondrio; Cantoia in Novara; Penna in Asti.

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 23 Jun 2016, 12:43

Yes, Ken, deaths in a town other than the birth town would be recorded in Part II. Normally the official from the death town sends a notice to the official of the birth town concerning the death, and then the info is recorded in the birth town in Part II of its records.
Erudita

tikibar22
Veteran
Veteran

Postby tikibar22 » 23 Jun 2016, 14:16

erudita74 wrote:Yes, Ken, deaths in a town other than the birth town would be recorded in Part II. Normally the official from the death town sends a notice to the official of the birth town concerning the death, and then the info is recorded in the birth town in Part II of its records.
Erudita

Ken you took the words right out of my mouth! I always get so excited when I find a relative listed in the partII! It also drives more questions, like why was she living there? what made her go there? I wish I had these answers! And since she was single when she died we know it wasn't because of her husband.
Also a very huge thank you for everyone who does the translations I don't know what I would do without this group of wonderful people! I would still be staring at words on a page that I don't understand. You all have really helped me gain connection to my family that I've never thought I could have!
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 23 Jun 2016, 14:20

Happy to help. It's unfortunate that the actual record is not online.
Erudita

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 23 Jun 2016, 15:29

I forgot to add, that even when a person dies in another town in a particular year, a copy of his/her death record may not appear in Part II of the records of his native town in the same year. My husband had an ancestor who died in Buenos Aires, Argentina in Aug of 1885 but the info was not sent to his native town in Italy until Feb of 1886, so his record is found in Part II of the 1886 records and not in Part II of the 1885 records.
Erudita

kencwalker
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kencwalker » 24 Jun 2016, 16:41

tikibar22 wrote: I always get so excited when I find a relative listed in the partII! It also drives more questions, like why was she living there? what made her go there? I wish I had these answers! And since she was single when she died we know it wasn't because of her husband.

tikibar22 you took the words right out of my mouth! LOL
I am fascinated when I find an unexpected relative. Similar to Part II births and deaths, I found my g.grandmother was born in Camerano Casasco, Asti, then married in Cavaglio d'Agogna, Novara. She lived there the rest of her life. Her sister's marriage records are in Torino and she had a child there. I am curious why they both moved from their home town. Unfortunately, that family story is probably lost.
-Ken
Researching surnames Pedroncelli and Pilatti in Sondrio; Cantoia in Novara; Penna in Asti.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”