An Additional Death Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
mrudnik
Rookie
Rookie

An Additional Death Record

Post by mrudnik »

Thank you for the other translations Erudita. As a result, I now have another Death Record that I need translated.

I think this is the right one. I have seen the name spelled both Ardissono and what looks like Ardifiono. I am assuming the f is a symbol for double s (Similar to the one that I am aware of in German).

Michael
Attachments
Page 1
Page 1
Page 2
Page 2
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: An Additional Death Record

Post by erudita74 »

This is a death record for an infant who was about 3 months old at death. The death took place on April 19, 1870, around 3 a.m., in the house without a number located in the Cantone di Novalletto.* The infant, Bartolomeo Francesco Ardissono, was the son of living (the father's name is not there) and living Maddalena Caligaris.

* there currently is a street in the town called Vicolo Novaletti. I don't know if this is the same street as the one in the record. The word cantone can also refer to the corner, so possibly it means the house was located at the corner of Novalletto. I really don't know. I also thought that perhaps it was referring to a hamlet of the town, but I can't find any evidence of this.

Erudita
mrudnik
Rookie
Rookie

Re: An Additional Death Record

Post by mrudnik »

OK. Not the one I was looking for, but interesting nonetheless. Thank you for the information.