Translation on Morti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Athena
Veteran
Veteran

Translation on Morti

Postby Athena » 28 Jun 2016, 22:25

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Translation on Morti

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 29 Jun 2016, 06:02

Death No 58: Concetta Failla
Castelbuono: 21 April 1904, 3.15 pm, before Mario Failla, Mayor, Castelbuono
Appearing were Francesco Ortolano, 59 yo muratore (mason/bricklayer) and Vincenzo Ippolito,55 yo, becchino (grave digger), both living Castelbuono. They reported that at 3 pm yesterday (ieri)) at a house in Via Errante, No 15, Concetta Failla, 68, donna di casa (housewife), died. She was born and residing in Castelbuono when living, the daughter of the late Pietro, curatulo di mandra?, who lived in Castelbuono when living, and (daughter of) Anna Maria Fiasconara, donna di casa, who lived in Castelbuono, when living. Concetta was the wife of Giuseppe Carollo.

Angela

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 29 Jun 2016, 07:35

Death No 58: Concetta Failla
Castelbuono: 21 April 1904, 3.15 pm, before Mario Failla, Mayor, Castelbuono
Appearing were Francesco Ortolano, 59 yo muratore (mason/bricklayer) and Vincenzo Ippolito,55 yo, becchino (grave digger), both living Castelbuono. They reported that at 3 pm yesterday (ieri)) at a house in Via Errante, No 15, Concetta Failla, 68, donna di casa (housewife), died. She was born and residing in Castelbuono when living, the daughter of the late Pietro, curatulo di mandra?, who lived in Castelbuono when living, and (daughter of) Anna Maria Fiasconara, donna di casa, who lived in Castelbuono, when living. Concetta was the wife of Giuseppe Carollo.

Angela

Pietro, Concetta's father was a "Curatuto di Mandra" - shepherd of the flock so a shepherd.

Angela

mmogno
Elite
Elite

Postby mmogno » 29 Jun 2016, 19:07

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Pietro, Concetta's father was a curatulo di mandra.

http://www.intratext.com/IXT/ITA2434/_P4F.HTM

"Oltre questi impiegati, vi sono quelli addetti alla pastorizia, cioè alle mandre, e sono: il curatolo delle vacche, o capo vaccaro; i vaccari; il curatolo delle pecore; i pecorai, e se vi sono greggi di sole capre, pure i caprai. Di più i garzoni, o ragazzetti addetti alle vacche, alle pecore, o alle capre."

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 01 Jul 2016, 08:28

mmogno wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote:Pietro, Concetta's father was a curatulo di mandra.

http://www.intratext.com/IXT/ITA2434/_P4F.HTM

"Oltre questi impiegati, vi sono quelli addetti alla pastorizia, cioè alle mandre, e sono: il curatolo delle vacche, o capo vaccaro; i vaccari; il curatolo delle pecore; i pecorai, e se vi sono greggi di sole capre, pure i caprai. Di più i garzoni, o ragazzetti addetti alle vacche, alle pecore, o alle capre."

Okay, "curatolo di mandra" which I typed initially - From what is written here I am still understanding this to be a Shepherd, is that correct?

(Initally, I thought it had something to do with making cheese????)

Angela

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”