Translation of Ernesto Leone Birth Numero 2

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!

Translation of Ernesto Leone Birth Numero 2

Postby bobk » 10 Jul 2016, 01:46

Good Day:

My Wife and I are new to the group and have recently found her Grandfather Ernest Leone's Birth Record.
It appears to be all in cursive we have tried yet cannot get all the particulars of the record. We are looking for his parents names? Address in Atella? Co-Signers of Cert? Oh yeah occupation of his Father. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ... cc=1483052

All the Best,
Robert Kalinak

Re: Translation of Ernesto Leone Birth Numero 2

Postby Marcello_DAleo » 16 Jul 2016, 15:30

#2, Atella, 8 Apr 1884. Birth record of Ernesto Leone, foundling. Presented by Caterina Cassano, age 24, peasant, residing in Atella. She declared that she found the child at 2 am of the same day in Atella, Via Dante #4, near her home. The child dressed an old woolen band, a muslin band and a muslin cap. The child was lying on his back with his hands inside the band and head covered by the cap. Then the declarant requested to keep the child, assuming the commitment to raise him and to guard him, as well as to account for him at every request of the Authority. Having found nothing against it, her request was accepted.
Officer: Nicola Sordi
Witnesses: Francesco Trunnolone (age 32, municipal guard) and Pasquale Laurenzano (age 27, servant).
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center

Re: Translation of Ernesto Leone Birth Numero 2

Postby Tessa78 » 16 Jul 2016, 19:17

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”