Angela Rosa BIONDI - Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
OrangeBlossom44
Veteran
Veteran

Angela Rosa BIONDI - Birth Record

Postby OrangeBlossom44 » 13 Jul 2016, 06:55

This is the birth record for Angela Rosa BIONDI, the sister of my paternal grandfather Giuseppe BIONDI. I would greatly appreciate translation assistance so I can compare the detail found in this document with the information found in documents I already have in hand. Thank you very, very much for your help! It is truly appreciated!

Clara "Claire"

The record needing translation can be found at the top record in Immagine 78
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Researching Frinco

kencwalker
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Angela Rosa BIONDI - Birth Record

Postby kencwalker » 13 Jul 2016, 18:59

On 16-Sept-1895
Pasquale Biondi, age 39, contadino (farmer) declared that
Angela Rosa Biondi was born on 15-Sept [1895]
to: Maria Gianotta (?) his wife, contadina (farmer's wife) living with him

-Ken
Researching surnames Pedroncelli and Pilatti in Sondrio; Cantoia in Novara; Penna in Asti.

OrangeBlossom44
Veteran
Veteran

Postby OrangeBlossom44 » 13 Jul 2016, 19:31

Thank you very much, Ken. I do not read Italian, but if the document's copy is fairly clear, I can usually muddle through, but since the copy here is so faint, I turn to the group for help. I have several more that need translation. Some of the information they contain I already have from other sources, but I like to use each new document to, at a minimum, confirm what I know, but hopefully to add to my family history. Thank you again. I really appreciate your help.

Clara "Claire"
Researching Frinco

mmogno
Elite
Elite

Postby mmogno » 13 Jul 2016, 19:41

kencwalker wrote:.. Maria Giannotta his wife,..

kencwalker
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kencwalker » 13 Jul 2016, 19:51

OrangeBlossom44 wrote:I like to use each new document to, at a minimum, confirm what I know, but hopefully to add to my family history. Thank you again. I really appreciate your help.

Hi Clara,
Yep, you never know what you will find. Sometimes you get a grandfather's name, or "fu" helps bracket when a relative died. It's all in the details.

Glad to help. My skills are rudimentary compared to the translation ninjas on this forum. This gives me a chance to practice. I couldn't order dinner in Rome, but I can read [legible] birth, death and marriage records. :)

Also, looking at another Biondi post, it looks like Angela's mother is Giannotte (not Gianotta). They frequently split names, and that makes them harder to read.
-Ken
Researching surnames Pedroncelli and Pilatti in Sondrio; Cantoia in Novara; Penna in Asti.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”