Bontempi, Silvestro Birth Certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
GrowlyGirl

Bontempi, Silvestro Birth Certificate

Post by GrowlyGirl »

Hello,
I am so excited to have received my grandfather’s (Silvestro) birth certificate today, and I would love some help translating it. I knew his birth date, 4/23/1889, and my great-grandfather’s name, Angelo. I can see now that my great-grandmother’s name was Luisa Bellucci.
I see a date of what looks like 4/26/1889 at around 8AM. Is this the date of the document’s creation? And Antonio ??? the person who created it? Not sure what it says for the place where they lived. It seems ‘Costa’ is perhaps an area within Nocera Umbra? And then it says that is where Angelo lives together with his wife Luisa.
At the end of the first page and onto the second page, not sure what that is about. I see several unfamiliar names.
Finally, in the margin of the first page, I seem to see the name of my grandmother, Silvestro’s wife, Rosa Buriani. Could this be correct, that they added marriage info later??
Many thanks for any help. I am sorry, I have uploaded the file twice and cannot get rid of one of them.

Nancy
Attachments
atto di nascita_SilvestroBuontempi.pdf
(182.94 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
atto di nascita_SilvestroBuontempi.pdf
(182.94 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Bontempi, Silvestro Birth Certificate

Post by mmogno »

GrowlyGirl wrote: I see a date of what looks like 4/26/1889 at around 8AM. Is this the date of the document’s creation? Yes.

And Antonio ??? the person who created it? Yes, Antonio D Troili.

Not sure what it says for the place where they lived. It seems ‘Costa’ is perhaps an area within Nocera Umbra? Yes.
http://italia.indettaglio.it/ita/umbria ... costa.html
And then it says that is where Angelo lives together with his wife Luisa.

At the end of the first page and onto the second page, not sure what that is about. I see several unfamiliar names. Two witnesses: David Agostinelli and Nicola Pierotti.

Finally, in the margin of the first page, I seem to see the name of my grandmother, Silvestro’s wife, Rosa Buriani. Could this be correct, that they added marriage info later?? Yes: "Si unì in matrimonio in questo comune con Buriani Rosa il 14_ Giugno 1920_ atto N.o 60".
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
GrowlyGirl

Post by GrowlyGirl »

Thank you mmogno!

I am very surprised that they traveled back to Italy to get married. My grandmother was born in the US, and my grandfather had already emigrated. So "atto N.o 60" is the certificate number for the marriage license?

Nancy
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Yes, the "Atto di natrimonio" #60 in 1920
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Cris

Post by Cris »

Dear Marty,
My name is Cristiano Bontempi, originally from Nocera Umbra. Your grandfather Silvestro son of Angelo and Luisa had 4 male and two female brothers. In addition to the Settimio and Rinaldo brothers, there were also Paolo and my great-grandfather Giovanni who returned to Italy. My father's name is Francesco (he would be your cousin), son of Guido Bontempi, your father's cousin Angelo. my father Francesco keeps a picture sent to his cousin Guido by Angelo and his wife Grace (they should be your parents). Write to my mail tano.tano17@gmail.com
A warm greeting. Cristiano.