Please help resolve this discrepancy.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
molan
Veteran
Veteran

Please help resolve this discrepancy.

Postby molan » 27 Jul 2016, 22:18

I have a Petilia Policastro Birth for Francesca Cosco - Apr 1817 #43 Image 2289 that says her father is Antonino Cosco, 31, shoemaker residing in Policastro. It was posted here for translation:

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/37599

When she marries her Petilia Policastro Marriage Processetti - Giuseppe Nicolazzo & Francesca Cosco - 1835 Image 331 - birth of bride also says her father is Antonino Cosco. See attached record.

her Petilia Policastro Marriage Processetti - Giuseppe Nicolazzo & Francesca Cosco - 1835 Image 331 - act of Notification also says her father is Antonio Cosco. See attached record.

her Petilia Policastro Marriage Processetti - Giuseppe Nicolazzo & Francesca Cosco - 1835 Image 331 - act of marriage also says her father is Antonio Cosco. See attached record.

her Petilia Policastro Marriage - Giuseppe Nicolazzo & Francesca Cosco - 1835 Image 1607 - says her father is Francesco Cosco. It was posted here for translation:

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/37437

What am I missing ?

Thanks
Gary
Attachments
Petilia Policastro Marriage Processetti - Giuseppe Nicolazzo & Francesca Cosco - 1835 Image 331 page 12a - birth of bride.jpg
Petilia Policastro Marriage Processetti - Giuseppe Nicolazzo & Francesca Cosco - 1835 Image 331 page 13 - Act of notification.jpg
Petilia Policastro Marriage Processetti - Giuseppe Nicolazzo & Francesca Cosco - 1835 Image 331 page 14 - marriage record.jpg

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Please help resolve this discrepancy.

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 27 Jul 2016, 23:33

It's "looks like" they have made an error in the Marriage Act, writing Francesco instead of Antonino, which does happen from time to time. In the 1817 Birth Act and Birth Extract posted here Antonino was a cobbler and in each of the 1835 records posted here, including the Marriage Act, he was a Barber and everything else seems to agree. Do you have his death act?

Angela

molan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Please help resolve this discrepancy.

Postby molan » 27 Jul 2016, 23:56

Thank you Angela. I don't have his Death Act yet. I will look for it. I do have the Petilia Policastro Marriage for Antonio Cosco & Rosalia Rizza - Jan 1812 #3 Image 824 which you translated for me. He is a Cobler here also and his father was Francesco Cosco.
Thank you
Gary

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”