Pampalone-Vivona Marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Pampalone-Vivona Marriage

Postby sacesta » 28 Jul 2016, 15:27

I'm looking for the marriage record for Domenico Paolo Pampalone and Rosalia Vivona, parents of Antonina Pampalone.

The closest match I could find is this record which is indexed as "Didacus Pampalone cu Rosalia Vivona". The name Domenicus appears for other records on the same index which for my purposes are impertinent. Which makes me wonder if the name Didacus can translate as Domenico? And if so, and this record is indeed the marriage record for my 5th great grandparents, then can you help me to translate it?

Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Pampalone-Vivona Marriage

Postby erudita74 » 28 Jul 2016, 21:15

Steve
The Rosalia Vivona in this marriage record is NOT the same person as the one in the baptism record. It's a difficult read in spots. Dated July 1771, I believe it is the 14th. Banns were on June 2nd, 9th, and 16th.
Groom: Diego Pampalone, son of Biagio (Pampalone) and Margarita Costa, spouses of this parish
Bride: Rosalia Vivona, daughter of deceased Matteo (Vivona) and Antonina Accardo/or Accordo, who were formerly spouses of this town and Mother Church.
I can't read the surnames of the witnesses, but they were a Giacomo and a Stefano.

sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Postby sacesta » 28 Jul 2016, 21:30

Ok, thanks Erudita. I had my doubts about this record as the groom's first name was different and I had read the bride's father as Matteo. Sometimes, wishful thinking gets the better of me. I appreciate the confirmation, even though these are not ancestors of mine. Back to the film to look for the missing Rosalia...
Steve
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 28 Jul 2016, 21:31

Steve
Good luck with finding the right one. Have to get to a zumba class now.
Erudita

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”