Benedetto MARCHETTI Death Cert

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
glomms
Rookie
Rookie

Benedetto MARCHETTI Death Cert

Postby glomms » 01 Aug 2016, 01:51

These pages are very old and hard to read but can anyone translate anything from these documents into English. Thank you.
Attachments
Benedetto Death Cert 1.docx
(268.29 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Benedetto Death Cert 2.docx
(480.66 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Benedetto MARCHETTI Death Cert

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 04 Aug 2016, 01:10

Hi there, I hope this will be of help. I just can't work out the mother's name. (So frustrating!) I'll come back to it later to see whether it is any clearer. The script is a little challenging but hopefully I've extracted all the vital info correctly.

Page 1 is the the Cover Page
Index No 12
Register of Deaths
Benedetto of the deceased Andrea Marchetti
Documents Included: One

Page 2: Death Certificate (Extract)
Montecarlo: 24 January 1866
Benedict Marchetti, son of Andrea and ….? Maria? Morosi, 80 yo, born in Sao? Male died the day Tuesday, January 23 this year in 1866 at 10 pm in the house of his home located in Marginone.

Angela

glomms
Rookie
Rookie

Postby glomms » 07 Aug 2016, 17:29

Hi Angela, we were afraid you might have trouble being able to read this one. You did really well so far. Thank you for your hard work.
We believe Benedetto's mother's name was Liberata Moroni. Does that help?

Mark

glomms
Rookie
Rookie

Postby glomms » 08 Aug 2016, 02:34

Also, his wife's name was Rosa Annastasia BIONDI. Was there any mention of his wife or a hint that he was widowed?

Thank you,
Mark

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 08 Aug 2016, 12:24

glomms wrote:Hi Angela, we were afraid you might have trouble being able to read this one. You did really well so far. Thank you for your hard work.
We believe Benedetto's mother's name was Liberata Moroni. Does that help?

Mark

Hi Mark

Yes, now that you mention it, (thank you), I believe that Benedetto's mother's name was Liberata Moroni.

Angela

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 08 Aug 2016, 12:28

glomms wrote:Also, his wife's name was Rosa Annastasia BIONDI. Was there any mention of his wife or a hint that he was widowed?
Thank you,
Mark

No, there was no mention of a wife or any hint that he was widowed that I could see. Sorry:-(

Angela

glomms
Rookie
Rookie

Postby glomms » 08 Aug 2016, 21:43

Thank you Angela, you have been very helpful. We now have an ancestor that we know was born in the 1700's. That's very exciting!

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 09 Aug 2016, 07:02

Fantastic! It is really exciting finding those earlier ancestors. Glad I could help.

Angela:-)

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Actual Death Record: Benedetto Marchetti of Andrea

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 09 Aug 2016, 10:19

Actual Death Record: Benedetto Marchetti of Andrea
Here is the full death record of Benedetto Marchetti which states that he was the widower of Maria Rosa Biondi and confirms his mother's name was deceased Liberata Moroni. It tells us that his occupation was Agricoltore Possidente, that he was 89 not 80 when he died, and he was born Marginone.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043811

So these records are also viewable online, Mark:-)

Angela

glomms
Rookie
Rookie

Postby glomms » 09 Aug 2016, 19:13

Oh I see. I had no idea there were Death Registrations and Death Certificates much less that the two records may be different. That means he would have been born some time around 1777, not 1786. Thank you for the tip. You just opened another door for us.
Does it look like there is any more information that I could get from a translation of this actual death record that we don't already have? or do you think I should submit it for translation also?

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 10 Aug 2016, 08:33

If you have access to the original Death Records, which it looks like you do, I would be finding them and submitting those for translation. They will be more accurate. The Certificates you have been posting are basically the information that has been extracted from the various original Acts (Records) (Death, Marriage, Birth etc). Often mistakes are made.

This Death Record for Benedetto Marchetti is a bit of a mystery for me. I don't completely understand all of it - in the handwritten part towards the end of the record it mentions allegati and I'm not sure why this is. Maybe, if someone has a minute they could look at it for me and help me to understand this. I'm using my laptop at the moment, which isn't so clear so that may be part of the problem. Anyway if someone can help that would be great. Thank you.

Angela

glomms
Rookie
Rookie

Postby glomms » 10 Aug 2016, 23:20

Is a Morti Publication like an obituary with a brief life history, who their survivors are, where and when the services will be, stuff like that??? and is a Morti Record like a Death Certificate with a doctor saying how they died, who their parents were, where they lived etc...??

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 11 Aug 2016, 08:43

Hi Mark

Well you've got me on the "Morti Publication". I don't think that I have heard of such a thing? It would be really helpful if they did exist. There are marriage publications which of course are the marriage banns.

Re the Atti di Morte, they possibly contain similar info to your American death certificates, except they are not certified by a medic and they don't generally include cause of death.

Atti di Morte are Civil Records. The sorts of information that Italian civil death records “generally” but not always include are:

The deceased's name, age and occupation
Deceased's parents names
Name of deceased's living spouse or former spouse, where applicable
Marital Status – single, married, widowed
Date, time and Place of Death (including the street name and number – not always though)
Place of Birth
They seldom include how the deceased died. I do have records that have the cause of death included but these have been of ancestors who have died overseas or in another town and these records have appeared in the Supplementary Section of a year book ie in Part II. Normally though, the cause of death is not included.

Usually two people appear to declare the death – sometimes, if you are lucky, they may be related to the deceased, and so you are able to glean more information, but often they are not. They might be people like a grave digger or someone else in the community who might not even know the deceased so well. Consequently, the death record isn't always the most reliable source for info such as the age of the deceased nor the deceased's parents names etc. You'll also find that as you go back in your records to the early 1800's that often there is very little information supplied about the deceased. (I've just been working on one of my strands and am pretty sure I have the 1815 death record of my Gr8Gr8Gr8Gr8grandmother, but unfortunately it doesn't include the name of a husband on it, nor her parents. So it means I'm somewhat stuck, at the moment anyway.)

Hope this helps clarify a little. Just ask if you need any further clarification.

Angela

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”