Translation of Birth Record: Guiseppa Vasta

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
donnalynn829
Veteran
Veteran

Translation of Birth Record: Guiseppa Vasta

Post by donnalynn829 »

Hello.

I need help with the translation of this birth record for Guiseppa Vasta. The online document is available here:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

The names, relationships, dates, occupations and locations in the document would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Donna
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Translation of Birth Record: Guiseppa Vasta

Post by Biff83 »

What I'm seeing. Another look by others would be helpful to verify or correct.

On 7 Jult 1868 at 10AM in the town hall of Agira appeared Grazia Daimone, daughter of the deceased Pietro, 43, a "mammana"--midwife? who stated that yesterday at 7AM from Giovanna Algozino, daughter of the deceased Giuseppe, and wife of Carmelo Vasta, son of the deceased Gaetano, 40, a landowner in a house at Via Magno, #27 was born a female child given the name of Giuseppa. Information in the right hand corner references the marriage of Giuseppa in Algira to Orazio Grassia? on 8 Aug 1908.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Yes – mammana – levatrice – I'm familiar with this one – it is dialect for midwife and I think also for wetnurse. Anyways, the midwife's surname is “Daidone” and it says that she witnessed or assisted with the birth:-)

Angela
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Marriage of Giuseppa in Algira to Orazio Grassia
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
donnalynn829
Veteran
Veteran

Post by donnalynn829 »

Thanks all! The folks on this forum never cease to amaze me with their helpfulness!!

Donna