Manoppello Iezzi Matri - Unclear Text

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Manoppello Iezzi Matri - Unclear Text

Postby peonygirl » 04 Sep 2016, 20:19

Can you help me with the translation of this document? I think it says the following, but need help with the text. The marriage act has 2 pages:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

IMG#41
4 Apr 1841
Before me appeared Antonio Iezzi, 32, born in this Commune (Manoppello), farmer, residing in the Commune of Turrivalignani, son of Bartolomeo Iezzi and Agata Pardi, both residing in Turrivalignani and Maria Rosa Pentimone (?), age 32, born in this Commune, daughter of Ignazio [Pentimone] and Domenica Rulli, farmer.

I recognize the word widower (vendova) but cannot read the text. This is my 3rd great uncle – Antonio is the son of Bartolomeo, brother to my 2nd GG Urbano Iezzi. I had listed for Bartolomeo and Agata another son, Pietro Antonio Vincenzo Iezzi, born 30 Mar 1810. Could they be the same person? Thank you for any help you can offer. PG :D

mmogno
Elite
Elite

Re: Manoppello Iezzi Matri - Unclear Text

Postby mmogno » 04 Sep 2016, 21:37

"Antonio Iezzi ..... vedovo della fu Gemma Marcantonio contadina domiciliata in detto comune, morta a ventiquattro Gennaio milleottocentoquarantuno, giusta l'estratto di morte a noi esibito."

peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Postby peonygirl » 04 Sep 2016, 22:03

mmogno wrote:"Antonio Iezzi ..... vedovo della fu Gemma Marcantonio contadina domiciliata in detto comune, morta a ventiquattro Gennaio milleottocentoquarantuno, giusta l'estratto di morte a noi esibito."

OK, I accept the challenge. I think it says, Antonio Iezzi.....widower of the deceased Gemma Marcantonio, farmer living in this commune, died 24 January 1841, the right death extract (was?) exhibited.

So, the name of the bride was correct? Pentimone?
The deceased wife seems to be Gemma Marcantonio.

Thanks....

mmogno
Elite
Elite

Postby mmogno » 04 Sep 2016, 22:32

peonygirl wrote:OK, I accept the challenge. I think it says, Antonio Iezzi.....widower of the deceased Gemma Marcantonio, farmer living in this commune, died 24 January 1841, according to the death extract exhibited

The name of the bride was Spinalba Maria Rosa Centurione

peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Postby peonygirl » 05 Sep 2016, 20:45

Thanks, mmogno. The index is a bit clearer - I can't believe I was that far off. - PG :D

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”