Help translating death notice!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dbotig

Help translating death notice!

Post by dbotig »

I have a few pages from a marriage processetti that I would like translated, so I am going to post them one at a time. I would greatly appreciate if someone could transcribe or translate this death notice for Nicola Bottiglione (Nicolai Buttiglione). Thanks in advance.
Attachments
image.jpeg
dbotig

Re: Help translating death notice!

Post by dbotig »

Adding: he was from Castel Del Monte, L'Aquila. He died in Venosa, Potenza on 8 Dec 1796. I believe this is where Chiesa di S. Rocco is. That is all I can make out.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The document, released on Feb 3 1800 by the parish of S. Biase in Vendola, certifies that in their "Registro dei Morti" there is an entry showing that Nicola Buttiglione (fron Castello del Monte), aged 50, husband of Angela Zamparotto, died on Dec 8 1796 and was buried in the Church of San Rocco.
dbotig

Post by dbotig »

Thanks for your help. I can't find a parish of San Biase in Venosa. Also, when it says he was buried in the Church of S. Rocco, do you think that means there is a headstone for him, or is there not actually one? Thanks
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

See http://www.comune.venosa.pz.gov.it/flex ... Pagina/203
Biagio and Biase are the same name.
No, I don't believe you will find a headstone in San Rocco
dbotig

Post by dbotig »

That would explain why I couldn't find Biase. Thanks again for your help!
oliviero

Post by oliviero »

Nicola Bottigline is in my family tree. We have this relative in common. PLease contact me. I am Luciana. I am the grand daughter of Clodomiro Bottiglione and I am related to Nicola Bottiglione. The name of Nicola's wife was Angela Semperlotti.