Marriage Record Transation Please for Barretta / Porcasi

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
siciliangirl2016
Rookie
Rookie

Marriage Record Transation Please for Barretta / Porcasi

Postby siciliangirl2016 » 12 Sep 2016, 17:51

Hi, this record is for my 4th great grandparents..... Was hoping to get an exact date of marriage (looks like Nov 1827??), parents names and any other information that would help me in my research. Thank you much :D

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Record #140
Right Column

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record Transation Please for Barretta / Porcasi

Postby erudita74 » 12 Sep 2016, 18:31

Dec 14, 1827
Groom: Benedetto Barretta, never before married, legitimate and natural son of deceased Pietro Barretta and living Vincenza Salvia
Bride: Giuseppa Maria Porcasi, daughter of deceased Girolamo Porcasi and living Maddalena Migliore; widow of deceased Antonino Surisi (Sorisi).
Witnesses: Father Don Antonino Terzo and Maestro Benedetto Lupo of this parish and town.

siciliangirl2016
Rookie
Rookie

Postby siciliangirl2016 » 13 Sep 2016, 02:12

Thank you Erudita!!!! So this looks like Giuseppa Maria Porcasi was previously married to Antonino Surisi (Sorisi) ?? I really appreciate you helping me with these translations! Have a great week.

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 13 Sep 2016, 03:52

Yes, she was previously married. Hope you have a great week too. Erudita

Pontiusmaximus
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Pontiusmaximus » 18 Sep 2016, 22:44

You may well have this information by now, so I won't write the detail here, but I have info on Josepha Porcasi and Benedetto Baretta ancestors (two to four generations back) and her previous marriage to Antonino Surisi. Her name on that doc is Maria Porcasi - (her name on baptismal record is Josepha Maria Dorothea Porcasi, thus the name difference. If you need any of those ancestors, pm me and I'll send you the links to the docs and a brief description. Enjoy the weekend while they're still relatively nice. John. Also I have a tree on Ancestry, IN BORGETTO if that would help

siciliangirl2016
Rookie
Rookie

Postby siciliangirl2016 » 24 Sep 2016, 01:41

Hey John..... thanks for all that information. I think you have DNA matches to several of my cousins. I don't think you have matched me or my late father though. I'm also on Ancestry. You can private message me your email if you want.

(sorry I haven't been online in several weeks.... was with your DNA matched cousins catching up with all of them... busy busy busy)

Thank you too Erudita!!!!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”