Help with translation Francesco Rizzo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tkrupar
Rookie
Rookie

Help with translation Francesco Rizzo

Post by tkrupar »

I made an attempt at translation on this document. I now realize I am missing a lot and need help. See the following url:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139801819@N05/?
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Help with translation Francesco Rizzo

Post by erudita74 »

Can't seem to enlarge this image and it is too small to be legible, at least for me. Sorry.
Erudita
tkrupar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tkrupar »

Erudita:

I worked on the image. Made it larger and sharpened it. Please try again. Gracie.

Tom
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Tom
I only see the first page of the record. Here's the info from that page

Dated Aug 5, 1868 in Spezzano Grande at 1 P.M.
Appearing were two declarants: Biagio Parise, age 60, son of deceased Gaetano Parise; Biagio was a day laborer living in the town. The second declarant was Francesco Mancuso, age 60, son of dec Giovanni Mancuso, a peasant living in the town.Both men reported that on the 4th of Aug, at 4 in the night, in his own house on the Contrada Viale, Francesco Rizzo had died.

I need the second page to tell you his age at death and also his parents and spouse's names, if that info is given in the record.

Erudita
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

If this is page 2...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139801819 ... /lightbox/

Age appears to be 65.
Parents appear to be deceased (both) Felice Rizzo and Lucia Granata

T.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I see Fedele and not Felice and still would like to be able to enlarge this section of the document. I also think the person who is age 65 is named Giovanni Greca(o). There is also some other street mentioned in the first line of this second page, which is a different street from the one on the first page. I am inclined to think that this is not the correct second page of the death record of Francesco Rizzo. Actually even the third line from the bottom of the second page mentions again the deceased as being Giovanni Greco. This is definitely not the second page of Francesco Rizzo's death record.
Erudita
tkrupar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tkrupar »

These documents are from microfilm available through the LDS. I plan to go back and take new photos. I want to thank you for your efforts and I apologize if I made errors in presenting the documents. But again, I appreciate all the help that I have found on this website. Tom