death record help guiseppe rizzo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tkrupar
Rookie
Rookie

death record help guiseppe rizzo

Postby tkrupar » 21 Sep 2016, 20:19

I need help with the date of death and age, parents, etc.

See the following url:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139801819@N05/?

Tom :)

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: death record help guiseppe rizzo

Postby erudita74 » 21 Sep 2016, 22:23

Tom
The second page of the document is about the death of a Francesco Mancuso in the town of Rossano(?) and refers to a letter received by the town official in Spezzano concerning the death of this individual in the other town. It is not about the death of Giuseppe Rizzo.
Erudita

tkrupar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tkrupar » 22 Sep 2016, 02:03

erudita:

I am going to the lds site tomorrow. I apologize that i have made errors in copying documents. Hopefully, I will get this corrected.

Mancuso is a cousin to Rizzo in Spezzano Grande. I started with all the Rizzo documents. Any information on Mancuso will be aprreciated.

Tom

erudita74
Master
Master

Postby erudita74 » 22 Sep 2016, 05:07

Tom
There really is no information about Francesco Mancuso other than that the information received in Spezzano was from the register of the town of Rossano (that should be in Cosenza), and that the record was dated there on Feb 28, 1869, no. 91, at 8 a.m. That's when the declarant(s) appeared at the town hall of Rossano to report Francesco's death. The specifics of his death such as his age, the exact day and time of his death, his marital status, possibly his parents' names, would be in another part of the record which you don't have. So I can't even say that he died on the 28th.

There are some online records for Rossano but, as luck would have it, the 1869 death records are missing.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043833

Possibly there is someone at your local family history center who is also researching Italian records who could, at least, help you get complete copies of the individual records you need. You might also considering getting yourself a copy of the book Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford Cole. It would help you to better understand the formats of the records you are trying to locate and research. Good luck tomorrow.

Erudita

tkrupar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tkrupar » 22 Sep 2016, 05:16

Erudita:

I know that I have made errors in presentation. I still want to thank you for your time and effort in translating these documents, which helps me understand what I have obtained from microfilm at the LDS library. Your assistance has been helpful and remarkable. I thank you and also share the appreciation of the Rizzo family.

Tom

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”