How do i follow Italy's directions on paying for documents

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rp76226
Master
Master

How do i follow Italy's directions on paying for documents

Post by rp76226 »

I got a response from italy in Italian concerning my request to find out if Francesco Lorusso was in the italian military. I think that they are saying yes (please confirm). They also attached some forms to the email (not included here) to carry out payment for the documents (i think). I used Google Translate, but I am not understanding what needs to be done. I see nothing about checks, credit cards, or Pay Pal. Here is what they said in Italian:

Bari, 26.09.2016
Prot. n. 8707
class. 28.13.07/1

Alla cortese attenzione di Ronald Puma.
Con riferimento alla Sua richiesta del 22 settembre u.s. (ns. prot. 8630 del 22.09.2016 cl. 28.13.07/1), si comunica che presso l'Archivio di Stato di Bari si conservano 2 documenti militari di Lorusso Francesco:
- Fogli matricolari di LORUSSO Francesco, figlio di Michele Lorusso e Teresa Ninivaggi, nato ad Altamura nel 1891 (Archivio di Stato di Bari, Distretto militare di Bari, Ruoli matricolari, classe 1891, matricole 34870 e 37249/647).
Si precisa che non è possibile trovare i documenti di morte di Francesco e Domenico Lorusso in mancanza della data di morte.
Per ricevere copia dei documenti militari sopraindicati, si informa che il costo della riproduzione digitale degli atti, esclusivamente per uso studio, è di euro 4 e che le modalità di pagamento sono esclusivamente le seguenti:
- con versamento sul cc. Postale n° 203703, intestato a “Tesoreria Provinciale dello Stato”, precisando la causale e indicando in essa i seguenti dati: capitolo 2584, art.3, capo XXIX;
- con bonifico bancario, intestato a “Tesoreria Provinciale dello Stato”, IBAN n° IT64N0100003245430029258403, codice BIC: BPPIITRRXXX, precisando la causale e indicando in essa i seguenti dati: capitolo 2584, art.3, capo XXIX.
Inoltre dovrà inviare gli allegati modelli opportunamente compilati e la ricevuta attestante l’avvenuto versamento.
Si resta in attesa di un cortese cenno di riscontro.
Il funzionario responsabile del procedimento "ex lege" n. 241/90
dott.ssa Beatrice Viganotti
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: How do i follow Italy's directions on paying for documents

Post by PippoM »

Yes, they did find them, but they can't look for their death records, as you did not specify their death date.
For the payment, you'll have to pay by bank transfer, the parameters of which are specified here:
“Tesoreria Provinciale dello Stato”, IBAN n° IT64N0100003245430029258403, codice BIC: BPPIITRRXXX
I think the first form of payment (versamento sul cc. Postale n° 203703) is not possible from outside Italy
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

I don't know the death dates. However, I think that you are telling me that they did find the military record of Francesco Lorusso. Is that just the fact that he was registered for the draft or did he actually serve in the military or we can't tell if he did or didn't from what they said?
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Soory, I confused the first info (only about Francesco) with the one in the following lines, about Francesco and Domenico.
They found military record for Francesco only. The "foglio matricolare" lists all the story of the person from his enlistment on (when/where he served, corp, possibly if he fought in a war, and so on)
I think here you can see an example:

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/l ... on#p243517
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Okay. It is kind of strange. A few years ago, I was able to get extensive military records on his 3 brothers, but not him. I guess that i have to go to the bank to get the form of payment they want. I probably need to use these forms and physically mail them though I am not sure of the address to use. Here are links to the forms (not sure how to fill them out or whether to fill out both or one (one is 2 pages long):

https://postimg.org/image/allh22x6t/

https://postimg.org/image/r64z2jhul/

https://postimg.org/image/nkin3ml65/