Death Act Correction: Michelangelo Peluso

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Death Act Correction: Michelangelo Peluso

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 11 Oct 2016, 10:32

Can someone please type up exactly what it says at Allegati No 7 ("Nel' estratto di morte del padre .........", in Italian, for me.

What I'm understanding, from what I am able to decipher, is that there was an error made on the father of the bride's, (Michelangelo's), death record. That, Michelangelo's mother's name was not Rosa Dagosto, as written in the death act, but it was Rosa Gazaneo. (I already suspected this might be the case, so it would be great to have this confirmed.) It seems to be saying that the mother of the bride confirmed by oath? that the correct name was Rosa Gazaneo. Is that right? The 1860 allegati arn't on line so I can't check what the document says. Thank you.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 2.jpg.html

Angela

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Death Act Correction: Michelangelo Peluso

Postby liviomoreno » 11 Oct 2016, 19:03

E poiché il padre di essa sposa è portato come figlio di Rosa Dagosto, invece di Rosa Gazaneo, ci abbiamo fatto dichiarare con giuramento dalla madre della sposa medesima, del pari che han fatto i quattro testimoni intervenuti alla presente solenne promessa, che Rosa Gazaneo si chiamava la madre del nominato Michelangelo, e non Rosa Dagosto, come per errore trovasi scritto.
Si ritiene perciò sufficiente la suddetta dichiarazione a supplire l'errore, giusto il Real Decreto di ventiquattro gennaio milleottocentoundeci (24-1-1811), etc. etc.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Death Act Correction: Michelangelo Peluso

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 11 Oct 2016, 20:12

This is great. Thank you so much for doing this, Livio. I'm so pleased I found this marriage record. I'd found Michelangelo's death record a while ago, with what I suspected had the incorrect mother's name - it conflicted with other records I'd found pertaining to Michelangelo. It is good to have this certainty.

Angela :D

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”