Sergio Introna help with 1892 death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Sergio Introna help with 1892 death record

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 11 Oct 2016, 22:14

Hi Everyone:
I am back to researching my roots in Molfetta. I found a death record for Sergio Introna. I am not sure if he is related, but there are people mentioned whose name is in my tree. If you can, please translate record and especially the writing on the write column. Here is the link:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html

This is what I was able to translate:

Name: Sergio Introna, age 60, died August 31, 1892, son of Tomasso.

It mentions a Maria Spadavecchia, who I have married to Tomasso in my tree. However it mentions a Guilia Introna and I do not have her in my tree. Does it say who Guilia is to Sergio?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Sergio Introna help with 1892 death record

Postby Tessa78 » 11 Oct 2016, 22:39

Giulia Introna is the person who brought the notice of death to the official in Molfetta, to be entered into the register. She is identified only as the daughter of deceased Sergio.

I believe the copy of the death act was an ecclesiastical (church) record extract, from the register of deaths of the church, and it was dated 23 March 1883.
Sergio died in the City Hospital in Corfù, and was buried in the cemetery of B. V. del Carmelo (Blessed Virgin of Carmel)
The 1892 date looks like the date of the copy that Giulia Introna presented to the official.

The notation on the right indicates that the Tribunale directed that the name of the deceased's (Segio) mother be included - Maria Spadavecchia; and that the name of his wife also be included - Prosaria Bellifemine (sp?).

T.

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 11 Oct 2016, 22:55

Thanks Tessa! Sergio is on my tree, however, I have his birth date 1823 and I also have him married to Prosaria Bellifemine. I do have have Guilia as his daughter. Did it say how old Guilia was? I can now update my tree with his death date and add Guilia. Thanks again!
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 11 Oct 2016, 23:20

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Thanks Tessa! Sergio is on my tree, however, I have his birth date 1823 and I also have him married to Prosaria Bellifemine. I do have have Guilia as his daughter. Did it say how old Guilia was? I can now update my tree with his death date and add Guilia. Thanks again!

That would be correct. He died in 1883 at age 60.
No identifying information regarding Giulia, just her father's name.

T.

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 12 Oct 2016, 00:15

Corfu' is located in Greece? Do you know if the cemetery was in Greece or Molfetta? I wonder why he would have been in Greece. Did many people from Molfetta travel to Greece for work?

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 12 Oct 2016, 07:52

ItalianbellaSA wrote:Thanks Tessa! Sergio is on my tree, however, I have his birth date 1823 and I also have him married to Prosaria Bellifemine. I do have have Guilia as his daughter. Did it say how old Guilia was? I can now update my tree with his death date and add Guilia. Thanks again!

I believe the correct spelling is Rosaria and Giulia.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 12 Oct 2016, 19:42

Sue :-)

Do not know if you have this...
Sergio Introna's birth record - April 1823
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Here is the marriage act for Sergio Introna and Prosaria Bellifemine
Dated 7 September 1852 in Molfetta
Groom: Sergio Introna, 29, farmer born and residing in Molfetta on Strada San Vito; son of Tommaso Introna (deceased) and of Maria Spadavecchia residing there.
Bride: Prosaria Bellifemine, 21, born and residing in Molfetta on Strada San Pietro; daughter of Domenico Bellifemine (deceased) and of Maria Petruzzella residing there.
Documents provided at the marriage:
1. Birth act of groom
2. Birth act of bride
3. Death act of father and grandfather of groom
4. Death act of father and grandfather of bride
5. Act of notification showing no opposition.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 3.jpg.html

T.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 12 Oct 2016, 20:53

AND...
Here is the death act of Tommaso Introna in 1848 -
He was the widower (in the first) of Filippa de Leonardis; and then Colomba Sabatelli; and was now the husband of Maria Spadavecchia
He was age 76, farmer residing at Strada Crocifisso.
His father was Ilarione Introna (deceased) and Chiara Andreula (deceased)

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html

T.

ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Postby ItalianbellaSA » 13 Oct 2016, 21:51

Tessa: Thank you very much. I appreciate the interest and the help. You are the best!!!

Sue

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”