Maria Falcier 1872

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Falcieri
Rookie
Rookie

Maria Falcier 1872

Post by Falcieri »

I have a document, a publication of some sort, but I have no idea what it is. I recognise the names on it but that's about it. If anyone could help I would be very grateful! The attachments read from the last one up. Grazie!
Attachments
Maria Falcier 1872 3.jpg
Maria Falcier 1872 2.jpg
Maria Falcier 1872 1.jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Maria Falcier 1872

Post by Tessa78 »

It is dated 30 July 1872 at 1:30 PM at the Municipal Palace in Venezia.
Before the official appeared:
Candido (called Angelo) Bortolotto (named Fantinello), a cook born in Casacorba of the town of Vedelago in the province of Treviso, on 11 May 1845, residing in San Andrea of Cavasagra in the province of Treviso, residing part of the year in Venezia and part in Cavasagra, son of deceased Domenico who was a miller, and of living Faustina Guidolin, residing in Cavasagra.
AND
Maria Falcier, house servant(?), born in Venezia parish SS. Ermagora and Fortunato, on 10 September 1852, here residing , daughter of married couple Pietro, a boatman, and Anna Pusiol, here residents. The said Candido, called Angelo, [surname] Bortolotto, named Fantinello, and Maria Falcier, wish to be united in marriage...
They presented the official the extracts of their births.
Appearing personally before the official were the parents of the bride to give consent.
Present as witnesses: Giovanni Antonio Corri, son of deceased Francesco, 47, barber/hairdresser, and Ferdinando D'Este, son of deceased Bartolammeo, 29, cook, residents here; witnesses chosen by them as these were confirmed with the oath before me according to the rights of their religion.
The couple agrees that the first publication [of the banns of marriage] will take place Sunday, 4 August, in Fossa, as the groom resides part of the year in Cavasagra.
It is interesting that Maria signed her name Marietta at the bottom of the record.

The other record is a publication on 15 August in Venezia.

I tried finding a birth act for Candido/Angelo Bortolotto/Fantinello, but was not successful.
Tried to find the death of Faustina Guidolin to determine the surname of the father, Domenico, who is listed. It could be that the groom was born, abandoned, given the name by the official of Candido Fantinello, then was recognized by Domenico Bortolotto and Faustina Guidolin.
Without further evidence, it is hard to say.

T.
Falcieri
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Maria Falcier 1872

Post by Falcieri »

Many thanks for this and apologies for the delay in seeing your response. Pietro did have a grandson 'nicknamed' 'Bartoletto' or similar but I was struggling to find a connection between that and the Falcieri name so this confirms what I already know although by the 1880s the grandchild (born approx 1874) appears to be in Venice. This might explain why I couldn't find the grandchild's birth in Venice if they had connections to Treviso. I too was confused by the 'nickname/otherwise' reference. Many thanks for this. Another member of the family tree confirmed! :)