Death record Translation-French

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Death record Translation-French

Post by stokkster1 »

http://interactive.ancestry.com/1091/d1 ... PUBJs=true

Can Someone just tell me the age, I have what looks like Heli Descoteaux died 17 Mar 1852 Buried in this church cemterey age trois (three) but not sure what is after it then Years is she year years, three months, or 3 days???

Debbie
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Death record Translation-French

Post by erudita74 »

Debbie

I found the record on family search since I don't have a subscription to ancestry.com and couldn't access it from your link. I see that it's been 2 days since he died (the record is dated on the 18th, so I believe he died on the 16th) and the 18th is the date of burial. I also believe it says he died at the age of three weeks.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1321742

Erudita
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

Thank you so very much
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome. I had no luck finding a baptism record.

Erudita
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thanks, mmogno. The record you found is the right time frame and also the correct parents. The problem I have though is that baptism record is for a female and the death/burial record is for a male. The baptism record uses ne'e instead of ne' (sorry I don't have the French acute accent on my keyboard). The death/burial record uses the word fils (son) instead of fille (daughter).

Erudita