Please translate to Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Please translate to Italian

Postby jcsm400 » 02 Mar 2006, 12:24

I usually use Babel Fish for translations, but I'm not sure how accurate they are, so would greatly appreciate someone translating this letter for me.

Dear Gentlemen or Madame,

My name is....... and I live in the United States at the above mentioned address. I am searching for information regarding my husband's great granparents, ............. and ......... Both were born in San Vitaliano. ........
(son of.......) was born on ........... and ........ (daughter of ..........) was born on.........

I believe that they were married about 1884 in San Vitaliano and I would be very grateful if you could mail me an extract of their marriage act and the certificato di stato di famiglia storio. I am also interested in obtaining extracts of their death acts.

Enclosed is $30.00, a self addressed return envelope and an international reply coupon. If this amount is insufficient, please inform me of the additional amount to send.

Thank you beforehand for your kindness and promptness.

Regards,

Translation, suggestons or comments, greatly appreciated.
THANKS, :)

jcsm
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Please translate to Italian

Postby suanj » 02 Mar 2006, 13:36

Dear Gentlemen or Madame,

Gentile Signore o Signora,

My name is....... and I live in the United States at the above mentioned address.
Il mio nome è .... e vivo negli USA all'indirizzo su menzionato.

I am searching for information regarding my husband's great granparents, ............. and ......... Both were born in San Vitaliano. ........
(son of.......) was born on ........... and ........ (daughter of ..........) was born on.........

Sto cercando informazioni riguardo ai bisnonni di mio marito: ................ e....................., entrambi nati a San Vitaliano. .................
................( figlio di...) era nato il .... e ....... ( figlia di....) era nata il .......

I believe that they were married about 1884 in San Vitaliano and I would be very grateful if you could mail me an extract of their marriage act and the certificato di stato di famiglia storio. I am also interested in obtaining extracts of their death acts.
Penso che si siano sposati verso il 1884 a san Vitaliano e sarei veramente grata se poteste inviarmi il loro certificato di matrimonio, il certificato di famiglia storico, atti di morte.

Enclosed is $30.00, a self addressed return envelope and an international reply coupon. If this amount is insufficient, please inform me of the additional amount to send.
Unisco 30 dollari e una busta a me preindirizzata con un francobollo per risposta internazionale. Prego di informarmi se altra somma è dovuta.

Thank you beforehand for your kindness and promptness.
Vi ringrazio anticipatamente per la vostra gentilezza e sollecitudine.

Regards,
Saluti,

[hr]
a little bit:
for the all request and especially about the: certificato di famiglia storico, they normally contact you before of to make, ... because is a long job for to officer and they let you know the exact cost( it depend from number of family members) and if you accept it you must send before the exact payment and second the Common modalities, otherwise they no make it. And when they cash after send you the certificate...
About the payment they accept only euros.
I think that is better that you ask only birthcertificates and death certificates and marriage certificate, so no expenses and is necessary only the your envelope and the coupon..

If your ancestors was married about 1884, well they was born almost around 1863/5 and when you will receive the certificates, you can descover all you need by the[url=http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=13348&disp=Registri+dello+stato+civile%20%20&columns=*,0,0] LDS microfilm
Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1865 San Vitaliano (Napoli). Ufficio dello stato civile[hr][/url] regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Please translate to Italian

Postby jcsm400 » 02 Mar 2006, 21:58

Suanj,

Thank you so much for the translation and for the information and suggestion on the certificato di stato di famiglia storio. I will follow your advise and only request birth, marriage and death records.

Much regards,
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations