Translation help please - email message needed

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translation help please - email message needed

Postby Delbruns » 27 Mar 2006, 04:58

Hi everyone: I found a map on the Internet for the very small (mountain) town I am researching. Across the top of the map it says "Pianta Del Comune". Along the bottom it says "superficio: 25,000 ha (collina interna)". Also, there are many notations along the right side that seem to indicate the Churches in this town. If a Church name has a double SS in it, what does that mean? "Chiesa del SS. Crocifisso" is one of them.
Also, I got a very helpful response to my post in the Locations forum regarding whether or not cars are permitted in this small town of Giuliana. Wldspirit suggested I write an email to the commune and was kind enough to give me the address. Can anyone out there compose a short email for me in Italian so that I can be sure I'm asking the right question. I need to know if I can drive a car around the town since I will be traveling with my elderly mother. Thank you and best regards to all, Julia
Delbruns

Re: Translation help please - email message needed

Postby ricbru » 27 Mar 2006, 05:08

You can write the following email:

Egregio signor Sindaco,
desidero sapere se è possibile girare in automobile dentro il paese di Giuliana.
Vi pongo questa domanda poichè dovrei spostarmi all'interno del paese per accompagnare la mia anziana madre, che ha difficoltà nel camminare a piedi.
In attesa di riscontro porgo distinti saluti
Julia

translation:

Dear Mayor,
I would like to know if it is possible to drive by car through the village of Giuliana. I ask this question to you because I need to bring my elderly mother around, who has problems to walk.
I'll wait for you kind reply.
Yours truly
Julia

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation help please - email message needed

Postby Delbruns » 27 Mar 2006, 05:37

grazie once again riccardo ... and best regards, Julia
Delbruns

3 posts • Page 1 of 1